Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New £20 Note

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

At last, the new Polymer £20 note makes it's appearance and in circulation on Thursday the 0th February 2020. Seems an appropriate date  and will make folding money so much better to handle and last much longer. Around £2 billion will be released.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/polymer-20-pound-note

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
  • 144485 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
Looks good.
Send me a bucket full and I'll do a review tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

There's a few quiz question / answers on that page

Message 3 of 15

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

There's a few quiz question / answers on that page

I'll bear that in mind wink

Message 4 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 123004 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

It does look good but I have to say I'm not a fan of these polymer notes.

Yes, they may be more hygienic blah blah blah, but I miss 'folding money'. I carry a small purse, which is my choice and the purse bulges with these notes. Not that I have loads of notes in it but even with 4 or 5 of any denomination it's the same.

Also, the days when you could carry money in the back pocket of your jeans is fast receding.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 15

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

There isn't the need to carry much in the way of actual cash these days with majority of places accepting contactless and debit card payments.

Message 6 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

Contactless is convenient, but can be dangerous. My bank sent me a new card as the old one was expiring. It was stolen in the mail and used three times on contactless without ever being activated before the alarm bells went off. Small amounts, which I was refunded for, but a crime committed nevertheless, and no one at fault.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 123004 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

There isn't the need to carry much in the way of actual cash these days with majority of places accepting contactless and debit card payments.

That's true @jonsie , however contactless cards won't pay the window cleaners or domestic cleaners. Or put money into charity boxes.

When we go away with the gang we also have a drinks/food 'kitty'. That means notes not cards.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 15

JamieB14
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 186 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

About time! But to be honest, I personally prefer to not have any cash on me at all times, and pay by card/phone wherever possible

Message 9 of 15

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Contactless is convenient, but can be dangerous. My bank sent me a new card as the old one was expiring. It was stolen in the mail and used three times on contactless without ever being activated before the alarm bells went off. Small amounts, which I was refunded for, but a crime committed nevertheless, and no one at fault.

I know what you mean @Bambino as you can spend up to £30 ($50?) here in the UK without the pin but my bank insist you call them to activate new cards, completing all security. Same applies to activating via online banking.

And yes @Cleoriff , I need cash to pay the cleaner (she also cleans the windows, it being a bungalow) and one pub I go in every week in Accrington doesn't accept cards. Think I'll change pub.....wink

Message 10 of 15