Did you mean: 

Natwest App/Apple Watch Bug

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

*For information only*

For the last few weeks I have had a bit of an issue with the Natwest app on my iPhone.  When I log in (whether it be by my passcode or touch ID, I kept getting a message about activating my Apple Watch.  There are other options within the app to turn Apple Watch connectivity on, however, I always have this turned off.  Upon logging in, it came up with options to activate now, remind me later, or don't remind me again.  I had already set this up several times and the message kept appearing.  I then started to select the don't remind me again option, but it kept appearing.

In the end, I raised the issue with Natwest on Twitter.  I was advised that it is a bug in the app.  I was advised to do the following steps:

1. Delete the app
  2. Text STOP to 82628*
  3. Reinstall the app

*Please note that this text is classed as a premium service and you will be charged approximately 8p for it (I was not advised of this before I sent the message and have raised it with Natwest).

My app seems to be working fine now slight_smile

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Strange you need to send a text to stop an app from giving you notifications.

Usually sending a text to stop a notifications service is when the notifications are via text also.
Message 2 of 5

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I know. I queried this with Natwest prior to sending the text to ensure that they had read my tweet properly. 

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

So e very useful info there, even though I don't own an Apple Watch myself 

Message 5 of 5