cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music streaming service

Anonymous
Not applicable

There was a great thread HERE last year but it seemed to go a bit OT.

When I bought my first Echo I got 3 months free Deezer. when I upgraded to the Echo Plus I got 4 months Amazon Music for 99p. Now being the skinflint that I am, I’m looking for another cheap deal!

So, is there anywhere specific I should be looking for cheap / money off deals or any of the services you recommend? 

Your help is appreciated!

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Sorry I can't help @Anonymous as I don't stream music.

Hasn't Amazon got anything to offer?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 29

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Same here @Anonymous. I tend to download tracks or complete LPs to my phone. I did stream music when Prime Music first started more out of curiousity, but soon went back to my preferred choice of downloading a song or an LP to keep on my phone and download on my Kindle Fire as well, if I wish.

I stream films and TV shows and baseball, in season. Nothing else.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 29

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I think Google has an offer on its like 4.99 f9r the first 3 months or something like that
Message 4 of 29

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

@Anonymous Have you looked at Spotify, they often do trial periods and it works with Alexa.

Message 5 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve used up the reduced price / freebies from Amazon, Apple, Google, Spotify & Deezer (unless I create another email address - ugh) so I’m just looking for deals now.

I’ve got about 70gig of iTunes music already and I’m not adverse to buying more but I have enjoyed streaming to Alexa, and wondered where to look for more bargains!

Message 6 of 29

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

If you have Prime from Amazon (£7.99 a month), you don't just get music. You get a lot of music (approx 2 million songs), although for unlimited you need to pay an extra £7.99 a month I believe.  Also, with all music you buy that are fulfilled by Amazon and marked as Prime, you have access to through your prime account.  But with Prime you also get the TV/Films, free same day/next day delivery etc too. so it is worth the cost if you order a lot from Amazon and like your TV/films.

Thanks

Steve
Message 7 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately I don’t use Amazon enough to warrant subscribing to Prime. I think it’s just back to iTunes vouchers and buying the odd track. Pfft

Message 8 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I too don't use Amazon enough to go for Prime = it's not economic for me, although I luv getting things delivered to me via Royal Mail or courier Bouncy

Message 9 of 29

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Time to dust off the CD's?

(I could of been really horrible and said 78's LOL)

Message 10 of 29