Did you mean: 

Movies in September 2020

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey guys,

it is with great honour and respect that I am taking over the monthly movies thread from the expert Martin. I am trying to do my very best since I am trusted with this task to fill these great shoes of our movie guru.

As lockdown measures are being tightened again I thought I would focus on what you can watch at home this month on Disney+, Netflix and Prime. And boy oh boy there are some absolute gems on those.

pexels-clem-onojeghuo-375885.jpg

Disney+

Starting with the most magical of them all - Disney+. As there are tons of all the Disney classics it is more than hard to pick as they are all perfect (not a discussion). But for this month it is the big blockbuster we have all been waiting for but unfortunately with Covid won’t be able to see in cinemas. Mulan is out - and you can watch it here.

But there is more: Spies in Disguise is another highlight for this month. Don’t miss when super spy Lance Sterling (Will Smith) and Scientist Walter Beckett (Tom Holland) team up to save the world and Lance is inadvertently transformed into a brave, fierce, majestic …. PIGEON.

Netflix

And another Tom Holland movie is just out today (this boy does not seem to sleep). You can now stream The Devil all the Time on Netflix. This does not seem for the light hearted - PG18.  Some sinister characters converge around a young man devoted to protecting his family and loved ones in a post-war town teeming with corruption, in the form of an unholy preacher played by Robert Pattinson.

As this months movie thread is done by me there was no way leaving this out. All Jurassic Park films are available on Netflix but my absolute favourite will always be Jurassic Park 3. A bit darker, a bit rougher and most importantly - not set a dino theme park but an abandoned island (that used to be a theme park but hey).

Amazon Prime

Given My Big Fat Greek Wedding is 20 years old but it is a classic. Probably one of the funniest and kindest movies of all time and something you can watch over and over again - and if you have a family like mine it is basically a home movie. Toula is an unmarried thirty-year-old who works in her father's Greek restaurant. She meets and falls for high school teacher Ian Miller but Toula's parents, Gus and Maria, are shocked to discover that Ian isn't Greek and begin putting obstacles in the couple's path.

2020 cannot surprise us anymore - even if they would find aliens on a different planet as they do in this movie. Life is an intense sci-fi thriller about a team of scientists aboard the International Space Station whose mission of discovery turns to one of primal fear when they find a rapidly evolving life-form that caused extinction on Mars, and now threatens the crew and all life on Earth.

_______

What are your movie highlights this month? Let me know below - need to know what I cannot miss. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Part way through Spies in Disguise with my daughter, so will let you know how it goes.
Not a film, but series 2 of The Boys is also on Prime. This is seriously not for kids if it is anything like series 1, but it is funny, very dark and very, VERY gory. Lots of adult themes in it too.
Knives Out is also on Prime and is on my watchlist.
Life was really good. Great premise, some good acting and great special effects. Not one for the squeamish though - also not family friendly.
Disney have also released the trailer for season 2 of the Mandalorian. It does not disappoint, and is being released next month!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 6

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@gmarkj I see a real expert. I heard about the boys before and that people love it. I will give it a go now. I saw the mandalorian trailer too and I marked it on my list for next month. It drives me mad when I have to wait haha. What do you think of Spies in Disguise so far?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 3 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Wouldn't say I was an expert @LukasB, but I do enjoy watching films and TV!
I know. Not sure if I want to wait until all episodes are available or watch them as they come out. I'll probably do the latter as it would take a couple of days to watch one!
It's pretty good. Think they designed the character a little based on Will Smith (who provides the voice) but the animation is to Disney's normal standard and so far I like it (we're only about 30 minutes in). Will give you a proper score when we finish it!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 6

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Please do @gmarkj I want to hear what you think

signature

Message 5 of 6

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Life is pretty good for sci-fi horror movies, definitely one of my favourites now in that genre. I've taken to watching B-movie sci-fi on Amazon Prime. Its so much fun to discover some really bad ones and some good ones! Loving the "because you watched" feature as it brings up even more b-movies, I can't quite understand why Giant Killer Ants, Arachina and Ice Spiders came up but hey, I've not seen those before rofl

Better point out the Disney+ is charging £19.99 for Premier Access for Mulan. Which by cinema standards is quite extortionate. I must be one of the few who wasn't impressed by the storyline in  Boba Fett takes Yoda out in a baby stroller though it did get better in the last 3 episodes. 

Interesting fact about My Big Fat Greek Wedding - it was filmed quite near where my relatives used to live in Toronto so quite amusing watching it and thinking "why's that familiar?". It becomes a bit of a game where a bit of Toronto pops up in a show supposedly set in a US city and you guess where it really is!

Message 6 of 6