Did you mean: 

Movies in November 2019

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

It's movie discussion time again! How was your film viewing last month? Did you watch any of the movies we talked about in October or did you see something great you'd like to recommend? 

I watched the original version of Assault on Precinct 13 from John Carpenter. It was a bit incoherent in places but had some strong characters and some good moments! I also saw Replicas with Keanu Reeves which has a scientist attempt to bring his family back from the dead following a tragic accident. I really enjoyed it and if you like sci fi I'd definitely check it out. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 14.28.01.png

On to Novembers films! One I think everyone is excited to see is The Irishman, reuniting Robert De Niro, Al Pacino and Joe Pesci, this tale of a mobsters involvement in the murder of Jimmy Hoffa. 

Based on real events, The Report stars Adam Driver as a Senate staffer who pushes for the investigation of the CIA's torture program after the events of 9/11.  

On to something a bit more light hearted, The Aeronauts is the story of a pioneering meteorologist and daredevil who team up to fly higher then anyone in history using hot air balloons!

One for the kiddies and adults alike, Frozen 2 is out in November and picks up the story of Elsa and friends as they travel to a ancient forest in an enchanted land. 

Chadwick Boseman stars in our next film, 21 Bridges which follows explores a conspiracy and a city wide manhunt for 2 wanted cop killers. 

Last up this month is Terminator: Dark Fate which sees Linda Hamilton return to the franchise to once again protect the present from murderous machines sent back in time! 

Let us know your top movie picks for this month and what you're looking forward to seeing most! yahoo

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Not watched any films even tho it my birthday today lol
Message 2 of 23

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Happy Birthday @liggerz87  

Much happiness to you from TallTrees

Happy Birthday for Liggerz.jpg

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 23

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@liggerz87 

Image result for happy birthday

Hope you enjoy whatever you are doing... 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 23

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 6978 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Happy birthday @liggerz87 slight_smile (only watched films on dvd)
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 5 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Happy Birthday @liggerz87 

Image result for Images of happy Birthday"

I haven't watched any films either...only those on DVD.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 23

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
I haven't seen any movies @Martin-O2
But the Irishman sounds interesting.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 7 of 23

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Thank you all off to a all you can eat Chinese now lol
Message 8 of 23

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Assault on Precinct 13 (The End) has more of an influence on late 80's dance music and a certain Amiga game! Youtube it for some nostalgia.

Anything by John Carpenter is legendary and mostly awesome. One of the true all round film makers who literally does it all himself. The Thing (1982) is one of the best sci-fi remakes ever though high recommendations for Escape from New York and They Live. Then again, may not be to everyone's taste but far better than the terminally dull Han Solo film I forced myself to watch the other day. 

Message 9 of 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions