Did you mean: 

Movies in March 2021

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

It's movie thread time again! Before we continue did anyone watch any of the films discussed in last months thread?

On to the movie recommendations for this month which are all available on the main streaming sites. yahoo

Screenshot 2021-03-16 at 13.11.07.png

Whilst I don't know a great deal about this movie the trailer really caught my eye when a robot throws a spear at a spaceship! Space Sweepers is about a group of space junk collectors who encounter a friendly robot that's actually a weapon of mass destruction. 

Capone is the next film on the list which see's Tom Hardy take on the role of the famous gangster as he deals with the mental decline from his worsening dementia. The film hasen't received the best reviews but I'll still check it out for Tom Hardy alone! 

I first saw Midsommar at the cinema when it first came out and I really enjoyed the slow burn as the story of a group of American students who encounter a strange cult gradually builds up to its disturbing conclusion. 

Next up is a classic that I've just added to my list over on Disney Star. I'm sure most of you have seen Con Air already but if not I'd highly recommend it! It's a classic 90's action movie with Nicolas Cage staring as a wrongly convicted criminal trying to get back to his family. 

Lastly is a film I've been meaning to watch for ages but only got around to watching recently. Deadpool 2 is the follow up to the 18+ super hero movie that is held up as proof that you can do a successful comic book film with adult themes. 

These are just a few suggestions from me on what to watch this month and we'd love to hear what's on your watch list for March! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Martin-O2 

I would watch any film with Tom Hardy in it so I'll give that a go.

To be honest we've been busy this month with various things and haven't watched as much as usual.

Netflix keeps sending me recommendations which is fine (if only I had the time.

The one I will be glued to is series 3 of Drive To Survive which is released on March 19th. It will only appeal to those people who have a love of Formula One. It's a 10 parter and takes a look behind the scenes of the 2020 season.

Apparently with Covid regulations it created major problems. Each F1 team had it's own Netflix team from start to finish of the season. They were not allowed to move round the paddock and film the other teams. How they managed to film it is miraculous really, but the promo video is here.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Hi @Martin-O2
Don't watch movies but have seen the Nicholas Cage on TV . I watched the trailers you put in ..hope they are not better than the whole movie!
HEY HO ...😂

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 15

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I watched both Con-Air and Deadpool 2 this past week

It's surprising which bits you don't remember

Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Martin-O2 , Ive watched Midsommer a while back and thought it was very interesting, some of the direction by Ari Aster is mesmerising (and scary weird) especially the dancing scenes.

Have you seen his first film - Hereditary? 

Another film I enjoyed is - I See You - can't really say anything about it without giving the story away (If you have seen it you will know what I mean) Original film though I think.

My favourite directors atm though are the Saftie brothers Josh & Benny, their first two films are Good Time and Uncut Gems, both brilliant films and on Netflix.

I don't really do Super Hero films, not my thing, grumble, grumble.. smiling

More info
More info

Message 5 of 15

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

The reviews weren't great @Cleoriff but I'm the same will check it out anyway. I often have a different opinion from movie critics so always like to see for myself. 

The F1 documentary looks interesting even though I'm not a big follower of the sport. 

@TallTrees if you ever do decide to get into watching movies I'd recommend anything with Nicholas Cage, he's brilliant! 

I love that about rewatching old movies @jonsie! All the little things that you have forgotten. slight_smile

@Anonymous I still need to watch Hereditary. I hear it's really good but not a comfortable watch. I really want to see Uncut Gems too! 

Super hero movies are not for everyone but both the Deadpool movies are far from your traditional comic book films so are def worth a watch even if that's not your favourite genre.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 15

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Logan is also a good not quite super hero film, as is Hancock (Will Smith film).
Need to get through series 2 of The Boys as well (very much not typical superhero fare!)
Not seen Con Air for quite a while, so might put that on after finishing S2 of The Mandalorian (which is so, SO good).
Hereditary is on the list, and Space Sweepers will join it along with Midsommer.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 15

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Yes he is definitely a good actor @Martin-O2 I do watch old movies that come up on TV sometimes, where N.Cage plays the main character..he is a very strange person..a bit creepy ..just my opinion of course😇

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 8 of 15

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Con-Air is a great film so even though I've seen it twice, its a friday nighter!

And because Amazon Prime is just full of these B-movie gems that the recommendation algorithm  keeps recommending to me for some tongue_winking reason , check out Jurassic Thunder. You'll never ever get to see a film featuring machine-gun wielding dinosaurs, spies, rogue dictators with nuclear missiles, corny dialogue, explosions or bad special effects all based on a fictional comic book ever again in ONE SINGLE MOVIE! Also features a Trump impersonator and would you believe it: Zombies! Your movie experience will never be bettered! Ever.

You can thank me later for the 1 hour and 30 mins of your life spent wondering what exactly I watch because I have plenty more recommendations to offer you if you like that one  thumbsup Also: still way better than the latest Jurassic Park rehashes.

Sheepdog in "Kaiju" mode

Message 9 of 15

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 10 of 15