Did you mean: 

Movies in December 2020

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

It's almost 2021 now so it's time for the final monthly movie thread of 2020! W'ed love to hear about the films that you've been watching over the Christmas period and what you're excited to see coming out over in the new year.

I've been catching up with some old classics and a few films I haven't seen before on the main streaming services, a few of my recommendations below. Let me know yours in the comments below! 

First Man tells the story of the Neil Armstrong in the run up to and the completion of the first Moon landing in 1069. It's a great movie with some fantastic special effects and really shows the man behind the space helmet. 

In Whiplash we follow an aspiring drummer who joins a new music school and ends up under the tutelage of Terrence Fletcher (J.K. Simmons) who has a less then friendly teaching style. Fantastic performances from all the cast and well worth a watch. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 16.29.00.png

My next recommendation is Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, an animated film that give you several versions of the fan favourite web-slinging hero Spider-Man who have to come together from different dimensions to stop The KingPin from destroying the multiverse!

One on my watch list is The Midnight Sky in which a lone scientist (George Clooney) races against time to prevent an astronaut crew from returning to earth which is being affected by a mysterious global disaster.

I also noticed that Jurassic Park is now up on Netflix so I'll be giving that a rewatch over the next few days! 

With a COVID-19 vaccine on the way there's also the potential for cinemas opening again soon. Are you excited to be getting back to theaters or have you preferred watching new films via streaming services this year? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Hi @Martin-O2
Good list..First Man ... Neil Armstrong run up to first moon landing......1069? ....yes agreed all special effects Martin....1069 just as unlikely as them landing there 1969🤣🤣🤣
I have seen the 1914/18 war and 1939/45 war films can't believe how many there were made and many just a few years after the 39/45 wouldn't have thought any one would want to see it then.
Cowboy movies. John Wayne grew up making those.
I like spy movies 🤫

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 11

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Spoiler for The Midnight Sky

More info

NOTHING HAPPENS! Good for the first hour but the second hour is such a waste of a plot. Also suspend your disbelief for George Clooney falling into extremely icy water and managing to recover by putting on his coat in the middle of the night.  Ok the bit in the middle where the spaceship gets hit by asteroids is probably the best bit in 2 hours. 

Enjoyed the Spider Verse movie but recommend 90's Spiderman (animated) on Disney+ which does the multiverse thing a bit better in the traditional characters we know.

Message 3 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

Spoiler for The Midnight Sky

More info

Enjoyed the Spider Verse movie but recommend 90's Spiderman (animated) on Disney+ which does the multiverse thing a bit better in the traditional characters we know.

I quite fancy this slight_smile

Message 4 of 11

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Jurassic Park !!!!! Rarghhhhhh - watched all of them recently and 3 is the best pray

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 5 of 11

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

A small typo there @TallTrees, it would have been even more impressive if it happened in 1069! sweat_smile 

Appreciate the spoiler tag @sheepdog, I'll take a look once I've watched Midnight Sky. I remember watching the old Spiderman years ago so I'll have to give them a rewatch. I think they might be on Disney+.

@LukasB Love all the Jurassic Park movies! yahoo 

signature

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Only ever saw the 1st JP, was told not to spoil it by watching any more. So I haven’t
Message 7 of 11

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

The 3rd one is definitely worth a watch @Anonymous and you don't need to see the second one for it to make sense. 

signature

Message 8 of 11

BOSSGOGG
Level 8: Talented
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Finally watched Tenet last night. Loved it. My wife did give up after 20 minutes and read her book though. 😁.

Other than that my son is on a war kick atm. Books and films. So done Midway, Greyhound, Pearl Harbour, Dunkirk and 1917 this week.
unnamed
Message 9 of 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Got a LONG list to catch up on.
Wonder woman 1984 is out now, as is Soul. Both look very good...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 11