Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marks and Spencers...Not hacked?

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Marks and Spencers had to take down their website last night as customers took to Twitter complaining they could see other peoples accounts (including bank details) when they logged online

However, the firm said the glitch was a technical problem and said the site had not been hacked.

The website was taken down earlier and replaced with a message reading: “We’re making some improvements.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/marks-spencer-website-suspended-after-6718413

Very worrying.... It's ok M&S stating their site hadn't been hacked ....but the fact remains that anyone could view 'my' bank details. Lets hope those people were honest!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23216 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3693 Solutions

Not very encouraging, especially coming on the heels of the TalkTalk hack. Hopefully the site was taken offline quickly before any real damage was done.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I suppose I feel quite concerned about this particular issue as I have a Marks and Spencer online account. I also visited it 2 days ago. Not to order anything but to browse around.......I felt quite vulnerable this morning ...wondering if it was my account someone had looked at slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Bambino
  • 23216 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3693 Solutions

You'll probably never know, as they seem to have discovered the problem reasonably quickly. In any event, you should change your password as a matter of course, and make it as secure as you can.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

You'll probably never know, as they seem to have discovered the problem reasonably quickly. In any event, you should change your password as a matter of course, and make it as secure as you can.

Yes already done @Bambino...and have checked my bank account ....twice Destroy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

Bambino
  • 23216 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3693 Solutions

It was caught quickly, and seems to have only been noticed by other M&S customers, so unless any of them had malicious intentions, I think you're fairly safe. No harm checking your bank account every once in a while anyway.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6