Did you mean: 

Lost on a desert island next week 🏝️

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

... Channeling my inner Tom Hanks.

In all seriousness, though, I'll be away next week, between the 21-25 March.

Not exactly a desert island, but I am off to Tenerife (never been before) for just under a week 🇪🇸.

It'll be my first time abroad in one two three years. And if the weather holds up, it'll be my first warm holiday in about five years. My to-do list includes the following:

🏄  To survive surfing the waves

🍹 Drink some sickly and sweet cocktails

🌞 Actually, catch a tan too

Inbetween those plans, I'll also be doing some reading. I have a non-fiction already lined up, so if anyone has any fiction recommendations, I would love to hear them, please 📚!

Obviously, this means I won't be able to answer tags or messages right away. So, please, contact @RafaC or @Martin-O2 with any queries. If you do want to message me something, I'll likely get back to you on the 28th March 😁.

I hope you all have a great week. Looking forward to catching up on everything I miss 🤗.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4300 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Enjoy your holiday @lewys-gp but remember, unfortunately you have to come back. Have a good week in the sun 👍

Message 2 of 18

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Hope you have a great holiday @lewys-gp , and just remember - lots of sunscreen!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 18

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Cheers, both @gmarkj @BobM 😁. Hope you have good weeks too.

Your sunscreen comment just reminded me of this classic song I love, @gmarkj!

Message 4 of 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122349 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Have a great holiday @lewys-gp. My friends have their own apartment in Tenerife and have been there since late January. It hasn't been as warm there this winter but it's heating up now (which is such a shame as they travel back this week) 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 18

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Watch that first 0.5m of the sea - swimming in the Atlantic is all well and good, but even in July, only the upper 2-foot (or so) layer of water is warm... So if you tread water, it can feel a bit fresher around the, er, unmentionables and below. This was the southern part of the island, Los Cristianos. 

Enjoy the break, and if you need aftersun treatment, the Spanish-made "ISDIN" brand aftersun, spray or pump bottle, is to be recommended!

And sit on the left side of the plane, it's amazing to see Mt Teide towering above the plane as the pilot nudges around the volcano (extinct) towards the Sur Reina Sofìa TFS airport!

Message 6 of 18

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

That's a shame for them, @Cleoriff 😅. Hopefully, I have some better luck.

And tips much appreciated, @pgn! I do need to check-in still, so will have a look at seating arrangements. Thanks 👍.

Message 7 of 18

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25015 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have a great holiday @lewys-gp .

We`ll try [but no promises] to behave while you`re away on your escape from the mad house... err Community 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 8 of 18

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

😂! Cheers, @Mi-Amigo 🤗.

Message 9 of 18

RunrigForever
  • 2079 Posts