Did you mean: 

Looking for a new job?

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25136 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No joke...

Boris Johnson is looking for a spokesperson to front the forthcoming daily press briefings [similar to the White House daily briefings].

More info - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53568610

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93183 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
I vote for Dominic Cummings...it would be wonderful to see him speaking for Boris....
Message 2 of 5

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I vote for Jeremy Paxman. Is there not a better person to tell these so-called journalists to re-evalute their dumb questions before thinking about it? Then he'd still tell the rest of the government they're talking rubbish before opening their mouths.

I believe Jeremy Clarkson is also available and fits the bill but may not exactly have a good grasp of foreign policy... 

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122815 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Not sure who I would call on.

It needs to be someone who knows what they are talking about.

Someone who has the clout to impose the correct policy and procedures without being swayed by businesses.

This person would need to know the risk (if any) of travel to certain counties and what we should be doing if they travel and on their return.

When we locked down Leicester again, we didn't lockdown the whole of the Midlands.

I can't and won't understand what the hell is the point of imposing a 14 day quarantine on travellers returning from the whole of Spain when Tenerife and the Balearics have a much lower rate of infection than the UK.

Someone who understands that a 'second wave' is ludicrous, when we are still experiencing the first wave.

Until a vaccine is produced, this disease is with us forever. We have to learn to live with it and adopt a new normal.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Until a vaccine is produced, this disease is with us forever. We have to learn to live with it and adopt a new normal.

First results come in that the antibodys reduce after a while with most patients...  I SO hope it's a fake or something like that...

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 5 of 5