Did you mean: 

It’s World Bicycle Day! 🚲

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hello everyone! wave

Happy Thursday! And with the weather being absolutely gorgeous today, it’s no wonder it’s World Bicycle Day. As one of the probably most important inventions in the history of our planet, bicycles give millions of people means of transport. And the best thing about it? It’s good for us too! Whilst taking the train or car is of course convenient, riding the bicycle is great way to get around and stay active.

Many take it even to the next level and engage in cycling sports. And whilst I am not one of those, I do join the millions of people cheering on the cyclists at the Tour de France or the mountain bikers who tackle even the most difficult terrains 🚴

giphy (14).gif

That is why World Bicycle Day has been created by the United Nations to recognise the vital importance of the bicycle across the globe. Bringing attention to the benefits of cycling around the world and to get everyone thinking about all the good reasons this simple yet beneficial means of transportation should receive more acknowledgment and public attention, we can join in and maybe choose the bicycle over the bus or car more often from today.

Not a fan of cycling yourself or are you facing one or another hills on your journey? Priority currently offers you 20% off E-Bikes and Accessories from Mate Bike (ends Mon 14th Jun) wink

Do you like to cycle? If yes, do you cycle for fun, to stay active or to get around? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

It has been so long since I have been on a bike I might have to learn it again joy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 2 of 21

Projectionist
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

If I ever get a day off, I'll get mine out and ride off somewhere quiet with a book.

( Personal goal set grimacing )

Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 3 of 21

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Oh boy do you work that much at the moment @Projectionist confused Is it too far to cycle to work? We are currently working from home but I hope @LukasB and I can cycle to the office once it's open again! 

signature

Message 4 of 21

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@LukasB wrote:

It has been so long since I have been on a bike I might have to learn it again joy

You never forget how to ride a bike @LukasB I will take you on a trip soon wink

signature

Message 5 of 21

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
I prefer to Zwift from the comfort of my own house, means i can have the tv on or music while i pound the Km's and a lot safer for everyone when i put my cycle shorts on, lol
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I haven't cycled for years but we do have an exercise bike in the Conservatory. Not getting used as much as it should though. disappointed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry if this is a bit (lot!) Sexist (It is funny though) - lol - Personally I hate push bikes.

Message 8 of 21

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:
I prefer to Zwift from the comfort of my own house, means i can have the tv on or music while i pound the Km's and a lot safer for everyone when i put my cycle shorts on, lol

I have never heard of Zwift @madasaf1sh but it does look interesting. Do you need any special equipment for this? (except of course for you cycle shorts sweat_smile)

You quickly fall out of the routine @Cleoriff, especially when you are walking a lot like me. But I am keen on doing a lot more cycling during the summer smiling

signature

Message 9 of 21

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry if this is a bit (lot!) Sexist (It is funny though) - lol - Personally I hate push bikes.

I had to look up the word push bike @Anonymous joy Wasn't aware you also called a bicycle push bike in the UK, learnt something new there nerd

signature

Message 10 of 21