Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's Fathers Day Today

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thinking about my dear dad Roy, bless him

Allus a Daddy's Girl

A mechanical engineer all his working life with a firm in Leeds until he judged it time to go for early retirement

That song ... = ... To Dance With My Father Again ... is what is in my head

Jiving with dad ... & ... once doing a pasa doble to win a prize ... dad hadn't had a lesson in his life for the paso ... he threw me around the ballroom with me doing deep lunges ... mum said afterwards the audience were cheering us on ... & ... it wasn't at our dancing school ... just a regular Saturday night out dancing with our family's friends 

Just had an upsetting phone call from my mum ... it's no bother she won't know it's Fathers Day ... she won't talk about dad at all, not even the happy times out in the car or on holidays or at dancing competitions ... mum made my & my sister's dance dresses 

Mum has called me bad = I'm not ... she just forgets / doesn't listen to what me & my sister have to say ... I must have told her 5 times now I won't be coming Wednesday's & weekends anymore = my days are Monday & Thursday as they have been this week ... at weekends there are 3 carer sessions mum doesn't need either my sister nor me ... she moaned for me to speak up = I said no I'm not shouting anymore as it gives me headaches ... so ... my voice is as soft as hers ... not what I wished for on Fathers Day ... yes, mum's memory is going, she's very elderly and infirm ... but is ... wiry and has steely determination ... I softly put the phone down after saying bye bye ... usually it's mum who crashes the handset down on the cradle

OK ... time to get some of the old family photos out of the cupboards ... & ... off the shelves to smile & be happy over

HAPPY FATHERS DAY to everyone 

Image result for images for fathers day

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
To be fair, I don't even celebrate that now. I used to buy a good bottle of single malt whisky for him.

Families are a strange thing. See sometimes you need to lose something before you appreciate it.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 2 of 3

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:
... sometimes you need to lose something before you appreciate it.

Ain't that the truth! LOL

IMG_20190616_211118.jpg

Message 3 of 3