Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hurricane Matthew

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Already devastated Haiti. Hitting the Bahamas now and on its way to Florida, where I have many friends. My thoughts are with them.

Hurricane Matthew

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Hope they all are safe and well,
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have been watching the coverage of this on the TV. Such terrible devastation.....I hope your friends stay safe @Bambino

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

September and October are the hurricane seasons in that area. Hope your friends stay safe.

Message 4 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Hurricane season actually goes from the beginning of June to the end of November, @jonsie, but this storm is particularly worrying. I read an article yesterday that said that no other Atlantic storm on record has had such powerful winds for such a prolonged period. Places like Haiti and Cuba and the Bahamas, have taken a battering, and there are few places there where people can go to go to get out of the way. The US has had plenty of warning, and is much better prepared, but there's still cause for concern. I hope people have the sense to go to shelters and not try to ride out the storm if their homes are in its path.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I hope everyone stays safe through this. I saw on the news that everyone is pretty well prepared. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

Hurricane season actually goes from the beginning of June to the end of November, @jonsie, but this storm is particularly worrying. I read an article yesterday that said that no other Atlantic storm on record has had such powerful winds for such a prolonged period. Places like Haiti and Cuba and the Bahamas, have taken a battering, and there are few places there where people can go to go to get out of the way. The US has had plenty of warning, and is much better prepared, but there's still cause for concern. I hope people have the sense to go to shelters and not try to ride out the storm if their homes are in its path.

Home, in general, is where we feel safe isn't it ? ... like you @Bambino I hope people go to the shelters & I hope your friends are safe  

Message 7 of 10

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
This does not look good, the beaches are already getting battered and it's still not properly hit land at all
Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

State of emergency declared in Florida and South Carolina as of 20 minutes ago (according to Fox News)

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/06/millions-urged-to-flee-deadly-strengthening-hurricane-matthew.h...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions