Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei Crisis Over?

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Looks like the Liar in Chief has walked it back to make it look like he's the great deal maker. Not really surprised by this.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/29/us-china-trade-war-trump-and-xi-meet-at-g-20-summit-in-osaka.html

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The situation couldn't go on. China now rule the world like it or not. This was inevitable and Trump causes a problem only to then back track for re-election agendas and suddenly Hauwei @Bambino will be the best thing since sliced bread. Everything is carefully planned by the Trump regime with only one aim. 

Message 2 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Well that's good to hear...

Perhaps people will stop looking to trade in their Huawei phonees now?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 15

Bambino
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
Your take on this is pretty accurate, @jonsie. Add to that the absurd tariffs are hurting the US economy. This needs to get settled. I will never understand how a five time bankrupt, failed businessman turned reality TV show host got elected President. You couldn't make it up.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 15

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Thought I heard that "sort of thing" too.

All Trump wants I suppose is for the Chinese to buy more

from the US understandable really. 

Whatever he is  ~ he has the "businessman" mentality (may be a bit more mental than most ok)

threaten taxes import duties etc. then gentle down until you get

what you really want. 

Par for the course to be a bankrupt (see Mr. Green)

Everything "staggeringly"in the shops here is made in China ~ stamped on everything

cherished by me and expensive too! 

Maybe we  should also be looking at getting a balance with China/trade too

what could we trade ~ I know trade B.J. clown for a chinese diplomat with 1/2 brain would be tons better than we seem to be able to "put up" for PM

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 15

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:
Your take on this is pretty accurate, @jonsie. Add to that the absurd tariffs are hurting the US economy. This needs to get settled. I will never understand how a five time bankrupt, failed businessman turned reality TV show host got elected President. You couldn't make it up.

And it's going the same way here with BS Johnson, @Bambino... it's all about the lowest common denominator every time, as far as I can tell.rolling_eyes

Message 6 of 15

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

What is the world coming to? I never thought our great countries would see two buffoons in charge at the same time.

Message 7 of 15

Bambino
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

It's a sad comment on both our societies, @jonsie slight_frown

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

About the only thing I agree with Trump on is that China maybe guilty of Intellectual Property theft.

This was always likely to be a side effect of cheap contract manufacturing as not everyone is honest and if you are sending schematics to a third party and saying build this as cheaply as you can someone is going to say 'we can build our own version of this and earn a good margin'

In the West we have robust IP protection laws but of course China won't really give a stuff about these as the Communist Party just wants to stay in power and to do that it needs to keep the revenue rolling in.

There may indeed be some legitimate security concerns but Trump is happy to put these on the back burner if it gets him elected again.

I still find it amusing he believes that the Chinese were paying the tariffs.

Message 9 of 15

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

What is the world coming to? I never thought our great countries would see two buffoons in charge at the same time.

Looking over their shoulders into the opposition camps and well, lets just say there isn't much hope for future leadership coming through.

Sheepdog in "Where's that private island?" mode

Message 10 of 15