cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home automation kit: what have you got?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quite small scale for me at the minute.

I have a Hive thermostat and an Amazon Echo Dot.

The Hive account is linked to the Dot so I can say "Echo, ask Hive to set the heating to 21.5 Degrees" for example.

It's also good for reminders, random music choices and it'll give me a fact of the day.

Thinking of adding some smart lightbulbs too.

What have you got and is there anyone here that has actually bought a Wi-Fi kettle?

Then again, I was suprised to pass a Samsung washing machine in John Lewis that had it's own app a couple of years back.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

A wifi kettle?? Never heard of it. Confused

What happens if the WiFi drops out? No constant cups of tea for Cleo is what! *Tuts* LOL

The Hive thermostat sounds a good idea although it would probably short out in this house. My husband demanding Dot to turn it down... whilst I would contradict him every five minutes

Seriously though, I haven't anything like that.

Though I would like a robot who would hang the washing out when the machine finished (and bring it in and iron the lot) tongue

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Nor have I though I like @Cleoriff's idea of a robot who would do the ironing but I would add the washing up and drying and vaccuming. That would be heaven 😍
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 8

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
I had the O2 home full kit when it was available. Now I have the echo, Tado thermostat and I’ve retained the Yale smart lock. I have a number of sensors and smart plugs from elagato which work with Apple HomeKit but Apple HomeKit has a long way to go to be useful. Also have two Logitech circle 2 cameras
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I've always wanted a robot hoover. I have to hoover often due to having two cats so I wish I could just press a button on the hoover and it would remove all the loose cat hair from the living room. I wonder if it would be able to switch to a different room by itself once "done" in the previous one.

It might also provide some entertainment to the cats. sweat_smile Based on some videos I've seen on YouTube.

Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

My cats would just skedaddle rapidly at the first sign of a robot hoover. (Apart from Bugsy, who is fast approaching 20 years of age).....He would just slope off slowly and hide under the table Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I have the Tado thermostat as I was also part of the o2 Home trial, and still have the kit from that dotted around the house.
I am hoping to get a new hub so I can get at least some of it working, but that would depend on getting some time to play. Not looking likely...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 8