cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heath News : New arthritis implant hailed as ‘magic’

Anonymous
Not applicable

My thoughts : Another plus for advancement in Tech for Health. 

Excerpt from the Link " A new treatment for arthritis sufferers has been hailed as “magic” by a woman who had a pioneering electronic implant fitted.

Monique Robroek, who took part in a study at the Academic Medical Centre in Amsterdam, told Sky News she had seen a major improvement in her condition, having previously required the strongest drugs to help ease her pain."

Source : The Guardian 

Read more here : New arthritis implant hailed as ‘magic’

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I read about this development and am very pleased about the trial.

However, at the moment the news of its success, is only one study on one patient as I understand...

The Society for Arthritis Care urged caution as "the sample size was very small and the Research study has not been published" (Before any medical research study can be deemed successful it HAS to be published) This is usual, as before publication, other practitioners must have the opportunity to undertake their own trials.

However it is positive news. 

Incidentally, It was a trial on a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis, slightly less common than Osteo-arthritis

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

very interesting this - I have osteo-arthritis & am on more than one tablet for it, & there are side effects ..... so thank you for your educated/informative comments upon this Cleoriff & to BoB for the blue link

Message 4 of 4