Did you mean: 

Guess The Film - Love Edition

Comben
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

💚Happy Love Week Everyone ❤️

And welcome to my community event - Guess The Film (Love Edition)
Love it or hate it Valentine's Day is here this week and what better way to celebrate it than with a community event, so whether you are with that someone special or still looking for the one I hope you will join in with this film quiz. 💛

As some of you may know I usually do a riddle themed event but having done that for the last year I thought it was time for a change and to do something new... So I'm now hosting a guess the film style quiz in which I will show you 8 seperate screenshots taken from different films and all you need to do is identify the film and post your answer in the comments - plus for a bonus point you'll also need to let me know what year the film was originally released. 💙

For simplicity I will release the screenshots one at a time after each one is solved and will link the films to the current O2 Community event - In this case Love Week so all the film are some sort of romantic comedy style films. 💜

Before we begin there are a few rules I want to add in order to help everyone feel included:

1. I will release one screenshot at a time and reply to answers submitted - When a correct answer is received I will release the next screenshot in the comments. (I will not be able to edit this original post to add the new screenshot due to the O2 time constraints of editing a post)
  2. Please only guess once in a row - To allow other to join in please only submit another guess or answer the new screenshot if someone other than me has posted in between your last reply.
  3. If the game is particularly slow (which can sometimes be the case) please disregard rule 2 and feel free to submit a second answer in a row, this mainly applies if no other guesses have been received for at least 20 minutes.
  4. I have tried to have put the screenshot into a scaling difficulty, however at any point if you would like a clue please let me know in the comments so I can reply with a hint - Please bear in mind I will wait at least 20 minutes after a request for a clue in case someone else answers.
  5. Hopefully you'll all enjoy this game, I believe all screenshot are guessable to the right person so for the sake of enjoyment please avoid using google or otherwise to seek out the answers.

Thanks for reading the first riddle will be released in a few moments just after 3pm today (13/02/2023).

Guess the 'Love' themed film this is from and include the year it was originally released for a bonus point.
SCREENSHOT ONE - IMG_3671.jpg

Don't forget to follow this threads comments to see the new screenshot and to be able to play along because as mentioned they will be released one by one in the comments once the previous screenshot is solved. (This is due to the maximum edit time of my original post).

Final things to mention are that: this game is open to anyone and everyone - I will be here to help the game progress. And if for whatever reason it's still ongoing at 11:59pm tonight (13/02/2023) then I will pause play until 12:30pm on Valentine's Day (14/02/2023).

Hopefully you all enjoy my addition to the Love Week Community Event.
Good Luck! Comben 🖤

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious"
Albert Einstein
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Comben
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Adding some player tags here - Although want to stress this game is open to anyone and everyone so new players are very much welcome, also please feel free to tag anyone I may have missed:
@Mi-Amigo @Cleoriff  @pgn  @jonsie  @gmarkj  @MI5  @TallTrees @BobM @J9el  @RafaC @Spenny 

@Breanna @adec 

Albert Einstein
Message 2 of 31

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25166 Posts
  • 812 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great idea for a game @Comben 

Screenshot One - Love Actually 2003

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 31

Comben
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks @Mi-Amigo I'm glad you like the idea.
Well done you are correct with the film (Love Actually) and you also score the bonus point for the year (2003👏

SCREENSHOT TWO: (Guess the 'Love' themed film this is from and include the year it was originally released for a bonus point)
d057b4de-cd16-43f3-858b-5c03700d7db3.jpg

Albert Einstein
Message 4 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

When Harry met Sally 1989 ish

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 31

Comben
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Great job @MI5 you are right on both the film is When Harry Met Sally and it was originally released in 1989 🎉

SCREENSHOT THREE: (Guess the 'Love' themed film this is from and include the year it was originally released for a bonus point)8a9d9b88-d125-4556-a85f-0eb93453d464.jpg

Albert Einstein
Message 6 of 31

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

As no one else has taken a guess.....

Pride and Prejudice 2005

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 31

Comben
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Spot on @MI5, very well done for the title and year 👍  - Pride and Prejudice (2005)

SCREENSHOT FOUR: 
(Guess the 'Love' themed film this is from and include the year it was originally released for a bonus point)
83a6e337-2497-4f40-a8e4-d047c57c61d3.jpg

Albert Einstein
Message 8 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 123010 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Bridget Jones Diary 2001

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket