Did you mean: 

Good Omens

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35222 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

gaimanpratchetthc-725803.jpg
One of my favourite books, by two of my favourite authors, Neil Gaiman (r) and the late, great Sir Terry Pratchett (l), is coming to the small screen, courtesy of Amazon Prime, in 2019.

The trailer looks like the mayhem I imagined as I read the book - can I wait?

Gonna havta... 😳

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Looks right up my street @pgn. I look forward to watching it.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Never heard of it! (Might have to look it up later)

trailer looked ok.

Message 3 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I was never a fan of Terry Pratchett (Heresy) lol

Though the trailer looks very interesting.wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 18

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Neither am I but most of these fantasy things aren't my cup of tea anyway. That trailer is just begging to add the Dr Who theme tune and titles at the end!

Message 5 of 18

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35222 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Neither am I but most of these fantasy things aren't my cup of tea anyway. That trailer is just begging to add the Dr Who theme tune and titles at the end!

It's the theremin, isn't it? Doctor Who and Midsomer Murders both rely on it for that eerie tone to the theme... 

Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't read the books but watched the excellent Sky adaptations of The Colour of Magic, Hogfather and Going Postal, the first two of which I ended up buying on DVD.

I've not watched the trailer at the time of writing but I definitely think I'll be watching this, the man had an amazing mind and was taken way before his time in such a terrible way.

RIP Sir Terry

Message 7 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

For a great many years we had the full works of Sir Terry in our book-case. One a first edition and signed by the great(?) man himself. These were my son's books and he was into the whole fantasy and 3rd World phenomenons. He had all the box-games, CD's and Nintendo/X-Box Games. He did roleplaying online and even now meets up with like-minded roleplayers in Berlin.

I think it was a turn-of-the-century university must-do thing alongside with back-packing! (which he still does all over the world) He's also just completed a month in a temple in China doing Tai Chi as a milestone for his 40th birthday! Must be some kind of slow motion Ninja now! Where did I go wrong as a parent?

Thankfully when I sold the house, he came over and shipped all his books to Berlin and there were 5 big heavy boxes.

....and in all those years I was never tempted to read one of that genre of books!

Message 8 of 18

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Brief lessons on different cultures' mythology back in junior high (or middle school as many are now calling it) gave me a love of fantasy and, though a different genre entirely, sci fi. Add to my already tremendous love of horror and you had the school nerd. Don't get me wrong I love other genres as well, crime and legal thrillers to name two. But my biggest loves are fantasy and horror: the written word and the visual. Just received Once Upon a Time the complete series to empasise my love of fantasy and fairy tales.

Yes, I'm reverting to my childhood joy

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 9 of 18

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I must admit to having not read much of his work, despite being a big fan of the fantasy genre.
My favorite author(s) are Raymond E Feist and Terry Goodkind.
Will have to give the book a go before the series is broadcast.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 18