cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming news. Sony just SOLD Sony online entertainment.

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
From info released within the last few hours:

Dear Players, Partners and Friends,

Today, we are pleased to announce that we have been acquired by Columbus Nova, an investment management firm well known for its success with its existing portfolio of technology, media and entertainment focused companies. This means that effective immediately SOE will operate as an independent game development studio where we will continue to focus on creating exceptional online games for players around the world, and now as a multi-platform gaming company. Yes, that means PlayStation and Xbox, mobile and more!

As part of this transition, SOE will now become Daybreak Game Company. This name embodies who we are as an organization, and is a nod to the passion and dedication of our employees and players. It is also representative of our vision to approach each new day as an opportunity to move gaming forward.

So what exactly does this mean for you? It will be business as usual and all SOE games will continue on their current path of development and operation. In fact, we expect to have even more resources available to us as a result of this acquisition. It also means new exciting developments for our existing IP and games as we can now fully embrace the multi-platform world we are living in.

Our games and players are the heart and soul of our organization, and we are committed to maintaining our portfolio of online games and pushing the limits of where we can take online gaming together.

Thank you for your continued support. See you in game!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sounds exciting for all those interested in this sort of thing......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 92915 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for sharing.
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

My lot are all X Box fanatics....I expect they hope this will have a negative effect on the Sony market...(knowing the rivalry between the two) Fear

Although having just re-read it...they mention Xbox as well? So what have Sony got to with them...or have I missed the point...again...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5