Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Florida school shooting

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Florida school shooting suspect in custody, police say...

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/14/us/florida-high-school-shooting/index.html

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Just got the newsflash. Schools are far too easy and too common a target 😠

Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

I note, with great sadness, that this is the 18th school shooting in the US so far this year. The year is only 46 days old. My country is suffering from a great sickness. The gun control laws must be changed, but as long as the NRA controls so many Congressmen and women, and Senators, they never will.:smileysad:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

The 18th this year @Bambino?. Good grief. That's beyond appalling. It's evil.

The fact a 19 year old could do that does (to quote yourself) show there is is a sickness in your country.

He had been expelled from the school or so I understand. I think the news said there are another 15 people severely injured.

My heart goes out to the families of the people attacked and killed heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Well @Cleoriff the news on the BBC said there are at least 17 dead; one of the worst school shootings since 26 people were killed at the Connecticut school Sandy Hook in 2012. And this is the 18th school shooting this year so far, dear God what is my country becoming.

I agree totally with @Bambino that America's gun laws need to be changed. But as he also says while the NRA controls a majority of Congressmen/women and Senators this will never happen.

There was an outcry when JFK was assassinated in 1963 that the gun laws should be tightened up and I remember signing a petition asking Congress to do something about making it much harder for anyone to obtain a gun without a rigorous background check. At that time it was SAAMI (Sporting Arms and Ammuntion Manufacturers Institute) that controlled Congress and the Senate. So nothing happened. And so it goes on year after year. Just how many have to die before something is done?

My deepest sympathy goes out to the families of the dead and injured.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 5 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

A note a friend of mine wrote on Facebook:

"So many people die annually from gunfire in the US that the death toll between 1968 and 2011 eclipses all wars ever fought by the country. According to research by Politifact, there were about 1.4 million firearm deaths in that period, compared with 1.2 million US deaths in every conflict from the War of Independence to Iraq.  Americans are 51 times more likely to be killed by gunfire than the British."

It saddens me so much. Not only do I feel that sadness for the victims and their families, but also because I know nothing will change as a result of this.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@BambinoThose figures are truly shocking. I knew they would be excessive but not to the level you have shown...Whilst the NRA hold such power over the politicians and the country, you are right, this will never change..Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7