Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook knows more about you than you think

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Privacy is truly dead. Facebook knows everything.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/23/how-to-download-a-copy-of-facebook-data-about-you.html

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good grief @Bambino

I shall certainly look at the info they have about me... using the link in that article

Thanks for posting..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 23

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It knows Jack about me wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for posting @Bambino

I'm inclined to delete my birthday including year & place of birth

I am surprised about FB knowing about such as private messages sent / received

I use Facebook a lot for various reasons & would be the worse off without it ... eg ... when poorly my laptop with Facebook on is 'My window on the world' ... I've found old schoolfriends = we're getting together next year when class of 65 will be 65 #justsayin'

Message 4 of 23

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Thanks for posting @Bambino. As I've said I only have Facebook for saving game data. I don't post on FB but still will check what info they have on me.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 5 of 23

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see that FB have made the privacy settings a bit easier to adjust but I’d still like to see all the settings have a ‘only me’ or ‘no one’ option.

I’ve had to join FB to be in the loop with the bike clubs I’m in, but i keep getting friend requests from friends of friends.. people who I don’t know, who, I won’t be ‘friends’ with but who seem to want to add everyone..

It’s ruddy annoying.

Message 7 of 23

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I know exactly how you feel @Anonymous. I'm swamped with friend requests from people I don't know and don't particularly want to know.

I've friended @Cleoriff and that's it. As I've said in a few posts, I have FB in order to save my games data; that's it. I have enough to do during the day without spending time informing total strangers what I'm doing. Which I doubt is of interest to them anyway.

Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Glory1wrote:

I know exactly how you feel @Anonymous. I'm swamp with friend requests from people I don't know and don't particularly want to know.

I've friended @Cleoriff and that's it. As I've said in a few posts, I have FB in order to save my games data; that's it. I have enough to do during the day without spending time informing total strangers what I'm doing. Which I doubt is of interest to them anway.

Yes I’ve noticed that games want us to log into FB to compete with friends. It always puts me off

Message 9 of 23

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
And I log into FB to save my games data. I don't compete with 'friends' as only a few of my friends are gamers and they're into video games. I enjoy playing by myself.

Message 10 of 23