Did you mean: 

Congrats pgn - 8 years on Community

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Today - 11th April - is the 8th anniversary of @pgn  joining the Community

8th anniversary, 8 Years Wedding Anniversaries Collection Gifts ...

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Blimey ...THAT long?

I thought he was a 'new kid on the block'. Never saw him posting when I joined. yahoo

Congrats anyway, old timer @pgn cool

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 24

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10660 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hello and well done @pgn 

Enjoyed your "funnies"  

Lots of best wishes TallTrees

20200324_092701.jpg

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 24

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Hey, that's wonderful, thank you @Mi-Amigo 

Funny thing is, tomorrow's the 24th anniversary of the day I and the now Mrs pgn wed - I wonder what drove me to sign-up to O2 on the eve of our 16th?  Thoughful LOL

Now that reminds me, going to have to go make a card this year, as cards are non-essential, and a bunch of flowers is out of the question in these lockdown times Cry

Mexican WaveFantastic

Message 4 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Hey, that's wonderful, thank you @Mi-Amigo 

Funny thing is, tomorrow's the 24th anniversary of the day I and the now Mrs pgn wed - I wonder what drove me to sign-up to O2 on the eve of our 16th?  Thoughful LOL

Now that reminds me, going to have to go make a card this year, as cards are non-essential, and a bunch of flowers is out of the question in these lockdown times Cry

Cop out cop out. Many florists are still delivering and a card CAN be bought when doing other shopping. Just give me Mrs PGN's phone number and I'll let her know of these important matters. LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 24

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Congrats @pgn 

You joined a week after me 😁

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Congrats @pgn 

You joined a week after me 😁

He may have done. Still didn't post anything though! Pffftttt. clown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 24

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Thank you all, @Cleoriff , @TallTrees , @MI5 - I think I joined to get an answer to something-or-other, can't even remember what phone I had way-back then.

My Spotlight shows I got worked-up about VAT invoices 2 years after joining, in 2014: 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Community-Spotlight-Pgn/m-p/1130139/highlight/true#M25382

I remember not being able to post new queries, just answers/responses on others' threads, as I refused to let go of the moniker "pgn" in favour of using my e-mail address after some update to "improve the forum" interfered with such things.  Later they "fixed" that a little, and I gave in and selected that "update my details now" prompt to use my e-mail address on the forum.  Probably was @Toby who chipped in and said "change or forever be sentenced to answering queries, but not creating new material".  Now look: a guide to finding your number that has garnered more hits than any guide, and a guide to MyO2 that @Marjo kept telling me was going to be the bee's knees (no offence, @TallTrees !) and lo, it was published amidst a flurry of changes o MyO2 app and web interfaces yahoo

You know you've made it when you appear on somebody else's YouTube channel, yes, you @viridis , and your "Game of Phones" video.

And the (relatively) new kid on the block, @Mi-Amigo , started his infernal quizzes, and, well.... the rest is history.

Speaking of history, I must signal how sad the Community was when we lost one of the members, not an outspoken one, but one who always spoke softly but with authority, tenderness and the experience of years, Glory1.

Last but not least, the one I rarely read from but who crops up at unexpected moments, @Cairdeas - someone who hails from a part of the world I lived in for almost exactly 10 years decades ago, Alba, Scotland, and there began my love affair with (early) Runrig, Capercaillie, The Proclaimers, Scotland The What, whisky generally and munroes (who knows what they are?).

Many others, too numerous to mention, but I feel I "know" you - the Community *is* just that: a playful, bickering, supportive cooperation of individuals who give freely of their time, experience and knowledge here for O2, encouraged occasionally by the ever-changing board admins, including those silent watchers who'll go in and zap something you wrote in a fit of pique, just to keep us all on the straight and narrow.

Let's hope the next 1000* years are as fun-filled...

Treacherous-mimic---Charl-009.jpg

(PS. There are 10 types of people in the world: those who will understand my hope above, and those who won't! LOL)

Message 8 of 24

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Congrats were a family here I noticed that I lurked for ages then made post got to know you
Message 9 of 24

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Aww thank you for the mention @pgn  . I'm like a bad penny.. Can't get rid of me 😜.

Always lovely to hear from you.

Congrats on 8 years on here 😘xx

giphy-3
Message 10 of 24