Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused over replies

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
I have had several members respond to my posts saying that I am wrong. Fair enough if that is true then I'll hold my hands up and apologise for the incorrect advice. However on a similar thread, that member, or another member replied the same advice that I gave in the other advice (which I was told was wrong) and nobody comments on their post to say that they are wrong and on some occasions other members have echoed their post and/or theirs has been marked as a solution.

So what is supposed to happen in instances like this? Obviously all members are at different levels on here, but they should be sure that something is wrong before telling them so as it's a dominos effect of incorrect information being provided to people who need help and it is confusing.
Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you feel something is not right then first PM that member and ask.

It has been said by management here that as long as a post to rectify any info given by another member is constructive then thats Ok.

If a member is unsure then PM Toby or Chiara and or notify a moderator.

Its all in here Gemma http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Community-Guidelines/m-p/487846#U487846

Message 2 of 48

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
I will do that thanks BoB slight_smile

I am just worried because I'm on here to learn as well and I feel that incorrect feedback to my posts not only confused me and other members, but it also prevents me from posting correct information in the future.
Message 3 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't let it put you of Gemma slight_smile
Message 4 of 48

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It's simple really, if you attempt to answer almost every post that appears here your answers will be more subject to scrutiny and criticism than others.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
Consistency is essential here. So if a post is completely wrong the poster should edit. But we do need to be consistent. If we can't get it right others will be confused.
Message 6 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
And it doesn't hurt to look around for correct advice instead of giving incorrect information and being corrected by others.
Message 7 of 48

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
I'm always open to all criticism and I want to be told if I am wrong as obviously I wouldn't of posted it if I thought I was wrong.

I don't understand how almost identical posts about the same phones - I give advice and it's deemed 'wrong' yet on the other post another member says the same thing and they're told that it's right.
Message 8 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gemz4the1 wrote:
I don't understand how almost identical posts about the same phones - I give advice and it's deemed 'wrong' yet on the other post another member says the same thing and they're told that it's right.

Gemma,

Post a link to that thread for us to take a look at what you mean please.

Message 9 of 48

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
Thanks BoB but I'd rather not penalise any members in particular (I believe that is against the rules anyway)
Message 10 of 48