Christmas Presents!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

AdventCalendar.png

Hi everyone, 

A big part of Christmas time is giving and receiving gifts. Whether its something extravagant and expensive or something with more of a personal touch it can be tricky picking the perfect gift that your confident the recipient will be happy with.  

Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 15.33.34.png

We'd love to hear all of your tips and strategies for Christmas present selection! Do you have any fool proof methods to make sure that you always get the ideal gift for someone? Are there any default gifts you would suggest for fathers/grandmothers/colleague's? What's the best and worst part about Christmas shopping for you and when is the best time to get your shopping done? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
People now expect gifts. People worry about having enough money to spend on gifts. People try to work out how much to spend on someone based on the gift they're about to receive.

It's a disgrace, the true meaning of Christmas was lost long ago, so therefore I don't participate.
Message 2 of 24

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Same here. Many years ago I literally didn't buy a single thing in protest or I didn't have any money. Likely the latter. Since then the rest of the family don't bother bar one and we don't have a large family so makes it easier to not buy. Sometimes we give money depending but then its not much. Applies to birthdays as well so more or less its a phone call/facetime.

Message 3 of 24

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I do buy for my immediate family (husband, two sons and 2 grandchildren) Apart from my granddaughter who is 7, I know what to get for them every year

The 7 years old, I ask her Mum, if I asked my son, I get the response 'I don't know what to get her myself' tongue_winking

I shop online for everything (I'm one of those who is causing the 'death of the High Street').

I make no apologies for that, as so do millions of other people.

I'm not a last minute shopper. Mine was all done by the end of November...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a small family & just give something to them at Christmas

This year I will put some money in my son & his wife's Christmas card for them to treat themselves

For my Mum I have sourced her favourite chocolates - Black Magic 

For my cat Marty it will be a tin of salmon Cat Very Happy

Message 5 of 24

kimberley
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi
curmudgeon i totally agree with u its about presents then the meaning of it the businesses think about how much money they can make from us with us buying there products, its greed as u don't get quality in the clothes u buy these days as well its sad.
So i buy my Christmas presents for people the year before in the January sales and through out the year so much cheaper to do that.
Message 6 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I dread Christmas and New Year. It's a sad time for me for so many reasons.

Message 7 of 24

kimberley
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi
i love the coke cola adverts every year except this years one
Message 8 of 24

kimberley
  • 11 Posts