cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charlie Gard rip

Anonymous
Not applicable

The little baby boy Charlie Gard passed away on Thursday, 28 July 2017 

Personally speaking, the little lad should have been allowed to go to USA in January, with his parents, for treatment

Charlie's mum & dad have fought hard to have the best for their little baby boy

Great Ormond Street Hospital did their best for the baby

Very very sad ending all round

'The All High Justices' have a lot to answer for imhho

Apologies, it is not within my capabilities to post a blue link to an actual news item 

Charlie Gard rip

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

R.I.P Charlie heart

Not discussing my feelings on any decision made. No-one outside of Great Ormond Street knows enough to comment. I feel sad that this wonderful hospital is being vilified and staff have received death threats.

A moral, medical and ethical dilemma which will resonate for a long time I suspect.

Meanwhile, I send my condolences to Charlie's parents who have lost their beautiful 'warrior' heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Very sad but I do believe the hospital and the courts acted in the best possible interests of Charlie. Very hard on the parents but difficult decisions had to be made. 

Message 3 of 9

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Very sad but I do believe the hospital and the courts acted in the best possible interests of Charlie. Very hard on the parents but difficult decisions had to be made. 

Agreed but it is a great pity that the same doesn't apply to those people who want to die peacefully at a time that they wish.

Charlie Gard had no option but to die because this archaic system made the decision.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Respect to all the posts above

I've been unable to access the O2 Community for a while ... or ... I would have 'return posted' more timely / sooner 

Thinking of Charlie Gard rip ... his mum & dad ... & ... all over the world people who got attached to the little baby boy heart

Message 5 of 9

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2208 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Exactly... So he had the most possible dignity left for this situation instead of being a testobject.

RIP Charlie.

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Charlie has left a legacy for the future. His parents have stated that all the money raised to send him for treatment in America, will now be used towards setting up a Research Centre in his name. The research will look at ways of improving the life of those children who are victims of this terrible disease ( mitochondrial DNA depletion syndrome: MDDS)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ComaChameleon wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Exactly... So he had the most possible dignity left for this situation instead of being a testobject.

RIP Charlie.

May I just say, today - right now, I would go to the ends of the earth to help my son & his wife if necessary ... & ... beggar myself for them if needs be ... = ... it's just how I feel being the mum of a son with his lovely wife (they're newly married)

Back to the little baby boy CharIie & his parents ... I was lucky ... = ... my son, as a baby, was born healthy ... but if he hadn't been I'd have fought like Charlie's parents, providing the baby boy wasn't sufferring

I'm not criticising GOSH at all

Thinking of all of the family xxx

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Charlie has left a legacy for the future. His parents have stated that all the money raised to send him for treatment in America, will now be used towards setting up a Research Centre in his name. The research will look at ways of improving the life of those children who are victims of this terrible disease ( mitochondrial DNA depletion syndrome: MDDS)

@Cleoriff I posted before reading your post above  ^  ^  ^

'Charlie has left a legacy for the future' ... ... ... I havn't the words ... = ... heart to Charlie rip & his parents xxx

Message 9 of 9