cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Over WiFi via O2.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

After the recent introduction of calling over Wifi added into iOS 8 for iPhones and another Network allowing it I thought I'd ask O2 as I cannot Tugo being Payg.

I asked O2 Twitter "Do we know if O2 will be supporting / allowing Wifi Calling.Which will be a feature in iOS 8 please. Thank you in advance. slight_smile -"

Reply from O2 Twitter

"WiFi calling won't be supported, but you can use TU Go which is multi-platform and cross-device for WiFi calls already :-)"

I said "hi. For clarification will it not be supported at all ? -"

O2 Twitter Reply

"That's correct, but with TU Go you can already make your calls over WiFi"

Conclusion : I'm fortunate to be in a good reception area but was hoping to be able to make use of this feature. 😞
Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Or get a Pay Monthly sim and download TuGo.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
jonsie said "Change network"

That's one avenue of choice for someone not getting on with the occasionally glitchy Tugo or are in a Business or Payg account.

Bambino said "Or get a Pay Monthly sim and download TuGo."

That's an option if your ok with being locked into a contract term wether it be 30 days , 12 months or 24 months.

Also I refer back to my reply to jonsie about how Tugo performs.

As we know Calling over wifi needs no app and is seamless. A much better system IMO.
Message 4 of 40

Bambino
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I hardly think that being on a 30 day rolling contract could be considered 'locked in'. If you're on Pay & Go isn't that per month as well? 

How do you know that the IOS calling over WiFi is seamless? Have you used it?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've followed people who have and have remarked upon the service.

Difference is I don't have to give any notice on Payg. Simply don't put enough credit on to allow the refresh of allowances on the anniversary date.

On the sim only (30 day) you are required to give 30 days notice.
Message 6 of 40

Bambino
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

What notice would you give? You say you get a good signal all the time, and you get loads in Community Rewards. Which network would you move to to get that?

You don't have to give 30 day's notice on sim only. You just have to use the PAC.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Bambino.

I said "Conclusion : I'm fortunate to be in a good reception area but was hoping to be able to make use of this feature. "

Not sure where your going with the Community Rewards mention ? Care to elaborate ?

I've also not stated I'm moving networks ?

As the Calling over Wifi is a relatively new spec / service which has been discussed on the O2 Community Forum previously and elsewhere ,and some are hoping O2 support it, and some cannot use Tugo due to the account type they are on I thought it prudent to ask the question through official O2 channels and give the feedback.

If someone is not migrating to another Network and are wanting to cancel then notice is required.

Dependant on when a PAC code is used with another Network a person could then be sent a final bill.

As Payg I get no final bill and am required to provide no notice.

Message 8 of 40

Bambino
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You said you don't have to give any notice as you're on Pay & Go. I mentioned the Community Reward because if you were intending to give notice to O2, which you wouldn't, you would lose that perk. I'm not going anywhere with it. That's just a fact.

You have mentioned in numerous threads that you can't get TuGo because you're Pay & Go. If you were on a 30 day contract you could have it. The IOS calling over WiFi feature isn't free. It still uses your minutes and texts. If you had a 30 day contract, many of them are unlimited for calls and texts.

I don't think I know anyone who has just cancelled a contract and not gone somewhere else. Do you?

Yes, you get a final bill if you're on contract, but if you use the PAC correctly and in a timely fashion, there is either little or no money to pay, or as it was in my case, you get a refund.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 40

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I assume the EE offering is integrated into their already present UMA?
If so, it would make sense for O2 to look into something similar with Tugo....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 40