Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye Orange Wednesday

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

EE have announced that there will be no more Orange Wednesday cinema offers after 25th February 2015.

From about 1994 EE (which merged with Orange and Tmobile), have been running an offer whereby their customers could apply for a code to be sent to their mobile in order to get 2 for 1 on cinema tickets.

All is not lost as EE have confirmed that they will be introducing a new offer to its customers following the end of Orange Wednesdays.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30440928

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi gemz4the1

Thank you for sharing the link and information.

I suppose to keep things fresh and inviting they need to move with supply and demand.
Message 2 of 28

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

That is what EE said in their statement - they wanted to move with the times and update their offers in order to appeal to more people.

Message 3 of 28

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@gemz4the1 wrote:

EE have announced that there will be no more Orange Wednesday cinema offers after 25th February 2015.

From about 1994 EE (which merged with Orange and Tmobile), have been running an offer whereby their customers could apply for a code to be sent to their mobile in order to get 2 for 1 on cinema tickets.

All is not lost as EE have confirmed that they will be introducing a new offer to its customers following the end of Orange Wednesdays.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30440928

I believe your facts are incorrect. The Orange cinema ticket offer has been going for around 10 years, not since 1994, and EE is not a merger with Orange and T-Mobile, but a merger of Orange and T-Mobile. 

Edit: FYI http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_(UK) (credit to adam temperton for the link)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 28

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Not many orange customers could have even sent the text in 94
Message 5 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Bambino is correct about how EE was formed through a joint partnership merger of Orange (owned by Orange S.A. and Deutsche Telekom).

EE announced the ending of Orange Wednesdays as they were unable to agree commercial terms with cinema chains.
Message 6 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
EE announced the ending of Orange Wednesdays as they were unable to agree commercial terms with cinema chains.

or in Orange speak "move with supply and demand" LOL

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 28

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
How do you move with supply and demand? I couldn't imagine orange using that term.
Supply moves with and adapts to demand
Message 8 of 28

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Supply moves with and adapts to demand

But not in O2's case......the demand for various phones recently was high but supply was non-existent. 

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 cant make manufacturers  do their jobs and supply to honour the high demand....??!

Message 10 of 28