cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ariana Grande: Benefit concert in Manchester.

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123132 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Just thought I would give this a mention. The terrible events in Manchester shocked us all and I am not going into that. I just think this is a very brave move from Ariana Grande who will return to Manchester on Sunday to give a concert for the victims and their families. She will be joined by Take That, Coldplay, Katy Perry and Justin Beiber to name a few. Concert held at the Old Trafford Cricket ground. Good for them all

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40086336

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
The city oozes music, wonderful to see some big names coming together on really short notice to get something done now.
On a personal level, I'd have loved to see the Gallaghers kiss and make up to perform, since Don't look back in anger was beautifully adopted by those in the square.
I'm sure it will be a wonderful night, for all the worst reasons possible.
Message 2 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 123132 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

What a wonderful idea about Oasis. The choice of song is perfect. I doubt it would happen though. Maybe  the other artistes could perform it.....

The crowd sang it after the minutes silence

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 46

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I found the vigil in the square very poignant and good on Ariana coming back with such strong supporting acts. That's going to be some concert. 

The Gallaghers are history with regards to teaming up again I'm afraid. They had another spat because Noel didn't invite any family to his star-studded 50th birthday bash. 

Message 4 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 123132 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Well we wont get Oasis... but Manchester got Liam Gallagher last night performing a concert for the victims of the terror attack. He ended his concert with Live Forever.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4556954/Liam-Gallagher-concert-Manchester-attack-victim...

More and more stars are adding their voices to the Ariana Grande benefit concert scheduled for Sunday

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 46

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I saw this on the news and it's brilliant how so many Mancs are rallying round and raising money. 

Message 6 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 123132 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Latest news on this benefit concert. It will now be televised. Britains got talent have moved their final to Saturday night so the concert can be shown on Sunday. More and more artistes are asking to appear.

Latest rumour is they are trying to get Noel Gallagher to make an appearance with Coldplay to sing the song adopted by Manchester. Don't look Back In Anger. No confirmation but I really hope he agrees to do it.

All money raised will go to the victims of this terror attack. .

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 46

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I'm looking forward to this concert and stand by for some surprise guest appearances. 

Message 8 of 46

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
So glad it's being televised for those of us who can't get to Manchester.

It should be a fantastic night and God bless all those performers giving their time for such a worthy cause. Some good to come out of the horror.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 9 of 46

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 10 of 46