Did you mean: 

Are you on Social Media? :)

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Happy Friday guys!

As tomorrow, Saturday 30 June, is Social Media Day, I thought I'd ask you all which Social Media platforms you're using? Which ones do you enjoy the most or find most useful? slight_smile

You can find a list of the most popular Social Media sites (20) here.

I'm occasionally on Facebook myself, however lately I've got into Instagram and been spending more time there. I like to post photos of my cats, flowers and other summer-related things and PC games. I was very late to Snapchat, but have recently discovered it and find it amusing for selfies with ridiculous filters. joy I use Pinterest sometimes to get visual inspiration for various things.

As you might know, O2 is also on Twitter and Facebook where you can catch up on recent happenings and also get help. On Twitter and Facebook, you can get support from O2, and of course on our Community here we have customer-to-customer support available. slight_smile Have you checked out the rest of the channels yet (full list below)?

O2 on Social Media

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I'm only on Facebook. But this is purely to save my games' progress when I move to a new phone. I do occasionally post but not very often. For some reason, loads of people want to friend me. I really can't work out why as I don't think I'm that interesting nor do I get about that much anymore and do any interesting activities.

Not interested in other social media sites. My days are full enough and if I'm going to chat online it'll be here on the forum where I've made some good friends and hope to make more the longer I'm a member. Not to mention the fact that conversation on the forum is far more interesting than any social media site 😉
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not actually on social media, other than community forums like this one. I did try Facebook once, but found it to be somewhat voyeuristic, so I abandoned it very soon after (they don't like you leaving though, do they  :smileywink:). 

I've often toyed with the idea of signing up to Twitter, but I'm shocked at the lack of moderation on that platform, with people seemingly allowed to post inappropriate content, and being generally offensive towards each other.

Message 3 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use Facebook, Instagram & Twitter & facebook pages as I have a photography occupation 

Message 4 of 35

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

I am on here wink

Facebook and MSE slight_smile

Message 5 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I only use FB and the O2 forum

I have a select number of friends on FB.... all known to me personally.

On my PC, FB has Messenger down the right hand side and I can communicate quickly without using separate apps. 

I also belong to a F1 group on FB, where they discuss all things F1 (obviously).

I find that a great way to keep updated.

I don't use Twitter, Whatsapp, Snapchat, Instagram or anything else.

As they say 'Time is Fleeting'  (RHPS) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 35

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Thank you @Cleoriff for mentioning Whatsapp as I do use it to communicate with my friends. I send pictures and emojis for free, which I and my friends use a lot. I also Skype with friends in the US.

But in using Whatsapp and Skype I'm communicating with real friends who I know personally. The only online friends I want are here on this forum 😊

Message 7 of 35

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Same here i do use WhatsApp but thats mainly for sending pics and texting. 

Dont use groups in WhatsApp just 1 on 1 lol

Message 8 of 35

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Poppysmum wrote:

I'm exactly the same @Poppysmum my messages are one on one. I can't remember the last time I used SMS to contact my friends, we all have smartphones. I only text via SMS to reply to a survey, usually O2, as it happens laughing

Message 9 of 35

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Poppysmum wrote:

omg...I hate groups so much!

Nobody seems to talk to each other eye to eye, instead sending whatsapp. The groups... Gosh, I'm in so many... Fire dept, work, old work, dutch course, youth fd, HazMat unit county, HazMat part north, admin-board FD, school...

I use Twitter and met many friends there who I met in person later and keep in touch on Facebook.

I also use instagram and some forums.

One friend I met on Twitter in 2009 (lives in the US) and we kept in touch visited me last december. We never called or cammed or something, we just wrote. And it was awesome! grin

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 10 of 35