Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple v Samsung

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Looks like both sides have had thier day in court.

Samsung come out on top in S Korea but have to pay Apple some money http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19364875

Apple come out on top in USA and samsung have to pay http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19377261

Win Win for apple but could be bad news for usa consumers.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
Apparently there were chants of USA! USA! USA! from the Jury deliberation room.

Not that I'm saying it was fixed, but the result was never in doubt if you ask me.

ewan
Message 2 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
All it actually suceeds in is denying customers of innovation. I'm tired of Apple's moaning and desire to patent evry little thing.... Thank God they didn't invent the motor car.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 28

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 4 of 28

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
It's just a daft situation. Apple have effectively patented a shape, demanding a license fee for it, whilst refusing to pay out for tech they have copied and is licensable under FRAND.

The phrase "only in America" springs to mind.

Message 5 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
 Thank God they didn't invent the motor car.....

You mean they didn't ? Smiley Surprised .......what about the wheel ?...surely they invented that ?

Message 6 of 28

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@O2MACH2 wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
 Thank God they didn't invent the motor car.....

You mean they didn't ? Smiley Surprised .......what about the wheel ?...surely they invented that ?

Oh yeah.... Forgot about that slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 28

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Samsung will be able to absorb the cost of the fine however will Apple, if the contested claims are reversed in Samsung's favour? It's not just them, it's Motorola, Google and HTC they are going after too as well.

Could you imagine a world of only over-priced and potentially pointless Apple gadgets around the home and having to deal with so called "Geniuses" when things break down. To me that sounds like a nightmare.

Anyway Apple should join forces with David Guetta and chant "The World is Mine".Smiley Very Happy

I don't want to dwell on this however Apple are monopolising scumbags. And yes I mean, the company not anybody whom owns any of their products.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 8 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is only a matter of time before Apple will try and patent the English Alphabet so they can stop anyone from selling anything in English without paying royalties per letter.

Still, You have to admire and give them full credit for proving that the "One born every minute" market is full of rich pickings.

Message 9 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It is only a matter of time before Apple will try and patent the English Alphabet so they can stop anyone from selling anything in English without paying royalties per letter.

No.....but I can imagine they could "invent" the American Alphabet and © that !!

But I still believe they think they invented the wheel :

https://s3.amazonaws.com/apple-campus2-project/Site_Plan_Submittal_4.pdf see page 3

http://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/screen-shot-2011-08-13-at-12-10-47-pm.png?w=640

Message 10 of 28