Did you mean:ย 

An Archeological Sunny Italian Holiday โ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Ciao a tutti, 

I've shared with you a while ago that I was going to be away for a few days and hinted the whereabouts of my destination here.

On that topic, @Mi-Amigo replied saying that if I took some pictures, I should be sharing them on the community, to which I promptly agreed. @Comben was also interested to hear about it. And unfortunately, @BobM, Pink Floyd wasn't there indeed, but there was a very interesting exhibition of posters and info about the concert in the corridors of the Roman amphitheatre (which was closed when I visited the archeological site, though ๐Ÿ˜ž

So following the tips I gathered on the Travel Tips topic by @Pipstop78 and on the Summer heatwave tips and tricks topic by @Martin-O2, off I went to Italy!

Pompeii really is an impressive locale,  I will leave you with some of the pics I've taken:

Hope you all like them ๐Ÿ˜Š

Have any of you ever been there or want to go? Let me know in the comments below.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25164 Posts
  • 812 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @RafaC but your post reads

502 BAD GATEWAY

and no pix

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 2 of 27

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Thanks for the heads up @Mi-Amigo, I've hosted the pics in a website that is apparently down at the moment and linked it to my post. I will keep an eye on it and as soon as the website is back I will reply on the topic.

Message 3 of 27

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Refreshing til I see pics of Pomepeii
AshamedConfusedBeetle-size_restricted.gif

Message 4 of 27

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Apologies for that, the site crashed literally 3 min after I've made my post. Now it appears to be on again. 

Message 5 of 27

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4424 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes @RafaC - can see the pictures now.  Really good, thanks for posting.  Been to a lot of places but never been there.  Must be a fascinating place to visit. ๐Ÿ‘

Message 6 of 27

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12075 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Looks amazing @RafaC !

Hope you had some time to relax as well as touring all the sights...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 27

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

I really recommend it @BobM. You can at least listen to Pink Floyd in your headphones whilst you're there if you want to ๐Ÿ˜‹

Message 8 of 27

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

I did, yes, @gmarkj, manage to spend a day or two on a couple of beaches on the Amalfi Coast, which is pretty close to Pompeii ๐Ÿ–

Message 9 of 27

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25164 Posts
  • 812 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @RafaC 

Piccies are back ๐Ÿ˜€

Impressive. ๐Ÿ‘

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 10 of 27