Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative to Antibiotics

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122986 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

This is the sort of news I have been waiting a long time to hear......

Scientists have developed a highly effective alternative to antibiotics which can destroy bacteria in seconds

It is a well known fact that over use of antibiotics has led to growing problem of drug resistance.

Antibiotics, which for years have been used to combat disease, are fast becoming ineffective.

This is due to the advent of so called superbugs which have evolved due to the misuse of antibiotics

This new treatment, called Staphefekt has been developed using an enzyme....

More importantly trials have shown that this new drug IS effective in the treatment of MRSA....

It has already undergoing trials in Holland and Germany, as cream to treat skin infections

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/scientists-develop-alternative-antibiotics-200454628.html

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

"Staphefekt".............they may have to rename it, however good it is wink

https://www.staphefekt.com/en/

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 2 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122986 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

"Staphefekt".............they may have to rename it, however good it is wink

https://www.staphefekt.com/en/

That is exactly the drug I have been talking about. One and the same. You have just found another article about it...so thanks....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Cleoriff

Thank you for taking the time to share the link and attached information and your thoughts regarding this subject , which is of great interest to you, taking into account your past occupation.

I remember in the past when local GP's used to give out this medication a bit too regular ,which if medical journals are to go by ,has helped to create this resistance in some people.

It never ceases to amaze me the leaps and bounds these clever people make in this sector. Much respect. 😄
Message 4 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122986 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Indeed Bob...and this should be of interest to all of us really...

It is a development that will benefit us.... and our children...and their children....etc etc.

Scientists have been trying for years to find a new antibiotic...or an alternative to it.

Something that will combat MRSA....(the deadly resistant bacterial 'superbug')....and all the other mutations of it. Which are still proliferating everywhere

There was an article on the news recently where surgeons were stating that unless we found something to fight this infection...we would have to cancel operations (like hip and knee replacements to name a few) purely because there was no antibiotic on the market to fight subsequent post operative infections

The medical profession and its researchers have been working for 30 years to find an alternative to antibiotics......something which would enable us to carry on meeting the needs of al of us........

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

wow! This is huge! It fights even MRSA?! It's about time! There's so much research going on for all major illnesses but scientists were forgetting the basics, it's good to know that this is already being trialled!

Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree.

I've spoken to a few people who were not keen on going to hospital for fear of this.

I quote "I might get something worse than what I went in with" 😒
Message 7 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122986 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I have to say I was so delighted about this @Anonymous 

I personally have worked through the worse times with MRSA. It reared its ugly head when I was a ward sister. It was new to everyone. My ward was closed when patients who had undergone orthopaedic surgery were found to have MRSA....and thereby putting their whole surgical procedure at risk....

We had to cancel admissions and surgery.....Back then we treated it as highly infectious and patients were nursed in isolation...:smileysad:

The very worse aspect was the mode of transmission...It could be transmitted by a simple touch as it lived on the skin....or it was airborne... (a simple sneeze).....

Or anyone could walk into the ward as a carrier...not knowing they had this MRSA ....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122986 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

* I might get something worse* was indeed a very common expression...and actually a real problem.

Many thousands of patients are affected by hospital acquired infections.....every year...

If antibiotics are unable to treat them....well ....lets just say,  they are in dire straits indeed...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally agree @Cleoriff .I'm not saying finding the cure for horrible diseases like cancer is not important but this is more urgent because lots of people loose they lives  and struggle to fight diseases because antibiotics are not effective anymore.

All the treatments for all the horrible diseases damage your immune system so your an easy pray for any kind of infection, so without effective medication like this it doesn't matter what treatment you have available to you if ur not going to live long enough to have it due to an infection?! Not to mention the horrible "bugs" already mentioned...you can get them when u have ur treatment in hospital...vicious circle...

Message 10 of 17