Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account no. 1050002440

PIPJONES
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was given an O2 contract as part of a Virgin Media deal and have never used the O2 SIM or service and never registered a phone to the allocated number. I recently renewed my Virgin Media contract, specifying that I did not want to continue with the O2 element of the contract. I have seen the new Virgin contract and there is no O2 element, just as I requested. I had two conversations with O2 about cancelling my Virgin/O2 contract and I was assured that the O2 element was cancelled. I also cancelled my O2 Direct Debit. I have now received an email form O2 claiming £29.32 with the threat of an additional charge of £6. This account has been cancelled and I do not owe this money. Please confirm that the account is cancelled and that there are no charges to pay. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

This looks like something you’d need to call O2’s customer service team about – give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Use the specific Payment management number  0800 902 0217

The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

Message 2 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12164 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions

Tagging @PIPJONES so they come back...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6839 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1529 Solutions

@PIPJONES Virgin can't give any assurance that the O2 SIM is cancelled, nor could they have done that, they have no access to O2's billing system.

The usual, tell the customer what they want to hear and get them off the line.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10315 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3029 Solutions

Flagged for Account Number in Post...

To add to what @Enlli says @PIPJONES  Virgin Should have transferred you through to o2, to cancel that portion of the contract.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5