cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Saying or Thought of the Day

Anonymous
Not applicable

For all those who, like me, have nothing remotely technological to say, I invite you to take a minute to share a thought, an observation, a question, a saying that you think might cause the rest of us to smile, to laugh, to momentarily forget the big bad world out there.

OR you might update an old saying to reflect modernity - eg " Two CPUs are better than one"; "He's a chip off the old motherboard" ; "You can lead a flash memory to the PC but you can't make it read."

And today don't forget what my old granny used to say - "When one door shuts another closes."  slight_smile

Off now to take my better 75% shopping -  oh deep deep joy in the fundamold!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not a funny quote but definitely one of my favourites:

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Message 2 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks @Anonymous A great reminder of our responsibility to look after our environment and be careful how we affect the ecology.
Message 3 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks @Anonymous A great reminder of our responsibility to look after our environment and be careful how we affect the ecology.

I agree.  I saw a lot of healthy trees cut down in Brasil, not in the rainforest, but in the city, to make space for construction.  Despite the fact that there is no shortage of land.

Message 4 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's terrible @Anonymous 

I hate what we're doing to the planet.  One of my favourite animals is orang utan and what is happening to them is so upsetting.

Message 5 of 25

nevzy31
Level 4: Observant
  • 98 Posts
  • 27 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
You guys should watch a documentary called cowspiracy and see what is really killing our planet really good watch
Message 6 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nevzy31 wrote:
You guys should watch a documentary calledcowspiracy and see what is really killing our planet really good watch

I will definitely watch it! Have you seen Supersize me?

Saying of the day:

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link

Message 7 of 25

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

My favourite quote.. Tho not funny.. "hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game" x

giphy-3
Message 8 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cairdeas wrote:

My favourite quote.. Tho not funny.. "hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game" x

Nice one @Cairdeas  Hunting may have had a use in years gone by but it is hard to see how it can be justified today.   That saying aptly captures the essence of argument.   Must remember it when Scotland meet Ireland in the 6 Nations in a couple of weeks time!! slight_smile

Message 9 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Saying of the day:

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link

Indeed @Anonymous -  but looking on the bright side with a weak link you end up with 2 chains instead of one!  LOL

Message 10 of 25