Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 Riddles on the 8/8 at 8:08pm - Summer Community Event

Comben
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Happy Summer to you all and Welcome to my Addition for the Community Event.

8 Riddles on the 8th of the 8th at 8:08pm (Loosely Themed Around Summer)

I love all sorts of riddles and enjoy looking for patterns and connections in things such as all the 8's in today's date and time. I now aim to share some of these riddles with you, which I've curated around the theme of 'summer', so hopefully you'll join in with a few guesses or even ask for a clue if there is a partially challenging riddle.

Before we begin there are a few rules I want to add in order to help everyone feel included:

1. I will release one riddle at a time and reply to answers submitted - When a correct answer is received I will release the next riddle in the comments. (I will not be able to edit my original post to add the new riddles due to the O2 time constraints of editing a post)
  2. Please only guess once in a row - To allow other to join in please only submit another guess or answer the new riddle if someone other than me has posted in between your last reply.
  3. If the game is particularly slow (which could be the case due to having this event in the evening) please disregard rule 2 and feel free to submit a second answer in a row, this mainly applies if no other guesses have been received for at least 15 minutes.
  4. I have tried to have put the riddles into a scaling difficulty, however at any point if you would like a clue please let me know in the comments so I can reply with a hint - Please bear in mind I will wait at least 15 minutes after a request of a clue in case someone else answers.
  5. Hopefully you'll all enjoy this game, I believe all riddles to be solvable with thought so for the fun of others please avoid using google or otherwise seeking out the answers just to post them here.

Thanks for reading the first riddle will be released below at 8:08pm...

RIDDLE ONE: Individually I’m very small but mix me in a bucket with some water and you can make a castle…. What am I?

Don't forget to follow this threads comments to see the new riddles and play along because as mentioned they will be released one by one in the comments once the previous riddle is solved. (This is due to the maximum edit time of my original post)

Anyone and everyone is welcome to participate, I will be here to help the game progress but as this is my first ever event please go easy on me and hopefully we can all enjoy my addition to the Summer Community Event.

Finally if this game goes past midnight, which it might do due to the time of the event, then I will pause it until midday on the 9th August - During these 12 hours feel free to guess/ ask for a clue but please note that I won't be around to monitor and update the next riddle until noon on the 9th.

Good Luck!

Comben

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious"
Albert Einstein
Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25166 Posts
  • 812 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great idea for a game @Comben 

I hope it goes well and I`ll give a shout out to regular quizzers and gamers including 

@Cleoriff @jonsie @pgn @MI5 @TallTrees @Spenny @J9el @gmarkj @BobM @RafaC @Breanna @adec 

and hope they will join in.

Here`s my guess

RIDDLE ONE - sand ??

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 2 of 48

Comben
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks Mi-Amigo, I’m glad you like the sounds of it. Cheers for joining in and for tagging the regular quizzers too. 😃

Your are correct with: SAND

RIDDLE TWO

What gets wetter the more it dries?

(Although a couple of answers could be applicable, I’m looking for a specific one which is loosely based around summer)

Albert Einstein
Message 3 of 48

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123010 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Great idea for a game @Comben 

I hope it goes well and I`ll give a shout out to regular quizzers and gamers including 

@Cleoriff @jonsie @pgn @MI5 @TallTrees @Spenny @J9el @gmarkj @BobM @RafaC @Breanna @adec 

and hope they will join in.

Here`s my guess

RIDDLE ONE - sand ??

I was just about to post SAND and as I cant think of anything else I'll stick with that 😂

Oops on to riddle two!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 48

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4424 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Comben 

RIDDLE 2 .... A TOWEL ?

Message 5 of 48

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4424 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Or to be more specific...

A BEACH TOWEL ?

Message 6 of 48

Comben
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks Cleoriff for joining in. You would have been right with SAND but Mi-Amigo just beat you.

As for riddle 2, well done BobM and thanks for joining, you are correct with: A TOWEL or A BEACH TOWEL.

Thanks for adding the summer twist to your answer. The reason I added the disclaimer was to avoid the answers dishcloth or sponge which can technically be accepted but aren’t as summery.

RIDDLE THREE

Two holiday aeroplanes take off at the exact same time:

Plane 1 is going from England to Spain flying at a speed of 500 mph and

Plane 2 is going from Spain to England flying at a speed of 450 mph

Which plane will be closer to Spain when they meet?

Albert Einstein
Message 7 of 48

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123010 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Plane 2?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 48

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25166 Posts
  • 812 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Plane 1 - coz it`s heading to Spain [Plane 2 is heading AWAY from Spain]

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 48

Comben
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Cleoriff - Incorrect

Mi-Amigo - Incorrect

Albert Einstein
Message 10 of 48