Did you mean: 

❤️ Movies in February 2021: Romantic movies special! ❤️

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

We couldn't let love week go by without talking about some of the great romantic movies out there! We all love settling down in front of the TV to watch a great movie with that special someone so in the usual format I'll recommend a few great titles of my own and you can share your top picks for date night in the comments! 

First up is Romancing the Stone, a classic mix of action, adventure and romance! This was one of the only films my grandmother had on VHS growing up so I've seen it a fair few times laughing It follows the story of nerdy romance writer who goes on the hunt for her missing sister after her brother in law is murdered by a Colombian crime gang. Along the way she meets up with a grumpy adventurer and ends up in a journey straight out of one of her novels! 

We all know the story of Titanic, the doomed and supposedly unsinkable ship that ended in disaster at the hands of a pesky iceberg. James Cameron 1997 version features plenty of action but also works in a great romance story between an upper class passenger and one from the lower decks who won his ticket in a bet. 

I'm a big sci fi fan so the next romantic movie is right up my street, Passengers is about a colony ship on a 120 year journey to a new planet when one of the hyper-sleep pods malfunctions waking one of the passengers 90 years early. I still need to see this one so no spoilers in the comments. wink

Not your traditional romantic film but Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is a great watch! It follows a separated couple who relive their relationship while undergoing a medical procedure to erase the memories together. 

Last up is a classic, The Bodyguard! The 1992 movie staring Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston tells the story of a bodyguard who falls in love with the woman he's been hired to protect. It's a great mix of action and romance, perfect for a date night! 

So, let us know your favourite romantic movies to watch on a date night or just when you're in the mood for a bit of romance! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I watched - The Dig (2021) yesterday and I think it is a great film.

Carey Mulligan, Ralph Fiennes, Lily James, Johnny Flynn, Ben Chaplin, Ken Stott, Archie Barnes, and Monica Dolan.

Message 2 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Is that on Netflix @Anonymous ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff Hi, yes it is

Message 4 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Thanks for that @Anonymous ...I'll look out for it. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 15

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not really one for romantic movies but admit one of my favourite movies is

Sleepless In Seattle heart if that counts.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 15

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Romancing the Stone/Jewel in the Nile: 80's classics! They really don't make these anymore and we're worse off for it entertainment wise.

Sleepless in Seattle was incredibly frustrating film: no car chases, fist fights, gunfights, random time loop plots....it was also boring plot wise just like the incredibly annoying sequel "You got mail" nauseated_face Then again, its probably the reason everyone switched off email sound notifications especially when someone got a continous stream of email triggering it off. 

Titantic: pretty much a waste of time for the first hour but then so worth it. I literally only watch it for the second half. 

The Bodyguard: Another film I ended up watching on a plane. Back in the days when planes didn't have in-seat entertainment and you just had a headset and the big screen 30 rows down. Without the headset, it wasn't any better either. 

Passengers: you would think by this stage I'm about to slate it. But no, its an enjoyable film. Just one plot hole which is spoilerised:

More info
So if they died before the crew woke up, where exactly did the bodies go because that tree grew remarkably well?

Haven't seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind yet but will track it down. Looked a bit trippy to me so not exactly on my list. 

I'll throw in another sci-fi one on the and badly marketed The Adjustment Bureau  I was quite pleasantly suprised how good it was as I was expecting something more like an out and out sci-fi adventure rather than romantic sci-fi film. Works if you like sci-fi or not. 

Message 7 of 15

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Really enjoyed Passengers @Martin-O2. Well worth your time.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 15

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

TITANIC is definitely @LukasB and my all time favourite, we could watch it every week probably :joy

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Body Guard does it for me

Could watch that over and over again

Would also include Witness: starring Harrison Ford heart Kelly McGillis.

Message 10 of 15