Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a "Notice of full service restriction"

Mark2Dee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Moved to O2 from Virgin Media, which has been an interesting experience. Took over a month but eventually a "real O2 expert" reached out to us who resolved all issues with the move 😉

Now I've received a "Notice of full service restriction" telling me that O2 will suspend my service if I do not pay an outstanding bill within 5 days.

Checked on my MyO2 and I DO NOT have outstanding payments.

The letter has been sent to my home address with my name, BUT the O2 Account Number quoted is not mine.

This is very concerning.

What is going on?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@Mark2Dee 

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.
The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Mark2Dee
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just spoken to O2 Call Centre on: 0344 809 0202

The person I spoke to said that the letter I have received is a SCAM.

I've sent a copy of the letter I received in the post to an O2 person that works in the "O2 Complaint Review Service" team for further investigation.

The letter looks like an authentic O2 letter, but you really can't tell now days.

I'll wait for a response from the "O2 Complaint Review Service" team to clarify what is going on.

I'll report if I get an official O2 response.

In the meantime if anyone receives a letter from O2 saying "Notice of full service restriction" and you need to pay money to avoid your account being suspended be careful, could be an elaborate SCAM.

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@Mark2Dee 

Thanks for the update.

Scammers have been sending similar texts and emails for years so looks like they are branching out to sending letters too now.

There's no end to the depths they will stoop to.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Mark2Dee
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was not convinced of what the Call Centre person said that the letter I'd received was a SCAM.

So I reached out to the Payments Management Team at O2 today, who put me on to some other team.

Looks like the bill I have received is for an ACCOUNT THAT I DO NOT HAVE and that Virgin Media has sent details to O2 about.

Most bizarre, I can only assume that something in the data transfer from Virgin Media to O2 has gone wrong and possibly more ex VM customers will receive letters like I have threatening that Debt Collections Company will be in touch and threatening court proceedings for money that you DO NOT OWE.

Anyhow, the O2 person I spoke to assured me that I should receive a letter in a few days time to confirm that this account I've never owned has been shut down and after that I should not receive any more letters about it.

I'm sure there are a lot of great people at O2 but the experience I've have of moving from Virgin Mobile to O2 has been shambolic to say the least.

If anyone from O2 looks at customer comments on these forums they could make some good improvements to their service, hopefully they do.

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

I'm sure @Dave-O2 would be happy to pass on the feedback for you @Mark2Dee 

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10271 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@Mark2Dee 

I would also contact Virgin, and get them to remove the account on there side, as if they have passed over the wrong details, they are culpable to fix it, and offer some compensation. Give them a call on 0345 454 1111 and make a complaint...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 9

Mark2Dee
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've spent a lot of time over the last six weeks with O2 and VM to sort out multiple issues, this is hopefully is the last issue.
I'm not sure I want to spend even more time in a call queue to get a few quid back, life is too short.
If O2 and VM don't mine data in these community to improve their service then they are not employing the right experts 😉

Message 8 of 9

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 677 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 19 Solutions

Thanks for tagging me @MI5 👍

@Mark2Dee I'll be reaching out shortly, so we can get your recent experience fed back. 

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 9 of 9