cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know Rewards vouchers expire after a few minutes?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Just curious why, once you hit 'use now' you only have a certain number of minutes to use your voucher before it expires? For Caffe Nero it is 15 mins and I think for the old Boots Meal Deal it was much less. Basically, I assume the voucher is unique and can only be used once, in which case why not just have it expire at the end of the day? Thanks

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi Cleariff, Think we may be at crossed purposes. Let's say my question is: : 'For the free Caffe Nero coffee available every Tuesday I hit 'Save Now" in the morning. In the afternoon when I go to redeem the reward I hit "use now" and I have 15 minutes to use the voucher. Why is the 15 min time limit necessary?" Thanks

I think we are talking at cross purposes @Anonymous Apologies. (It was the mention of Rewards which can be available through Priority) :smileywink:.

The Use Now is time limited. Only available on certain days. So when you hit that button you have to use within the time frame given otherwise the system could be open to abuse. Best thing if you are in a queue is to hit the use now when you get to the till etc...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous They are offered on a first come first served basis. This is why there is only a limited time frame to get your reward...

See section 11 of the terms and conditions https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/other-products-and-services/priority-terms-and-conditions

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi CLeoriff, thanks. But when you first open the reward you can choose to "Save for Later" and then later "Use Now". Are you saying even if you "Save for Later" this would be no guarantee of getting the Reward?
Message 3 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Oh I see I thought you were just talking about goods through Priority. If it's actually REWARDS then this is the info

https://priority.o2.co.uk/faq  (scroll down to Rewards)

• When do I get my reward?

Each quarter starts on the: 4 January / 4 April / 4 July / 4 October. We will notify you at the start of each quarter when your Reward is available to Save or Claim.

• How do I Claim or Save my Rewards?

There are lots of ways to redeem your rewards. You can:

• Through Priority - if you have a Smartphone you can redeem in the Priority App and website.
    • Text either CLAIM or SAVE to 50202
    • You can call the Rewards IVR on 313
    • Log on to the Rewards website
    • Via Customers Services
    • In Retail stores.
    You can CLAIM or SAVE with all the options above. If you'd like to spend your Saved balance then you need to do this via the O2 Rewards website: https://payandgorewards.o2.co.uk/web/o2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Cleariff, Think we may be at crossed purposes. Let's say my question is: : 'For the free Caffe Nero coffee available every Tuesday I hit 'Save Now" in the morning. In the afternoon when I go to redeem the reward I hit "use now" and I have 15 minutes to use the voucher. Why is the 15 min time limit necessary?" Thanks
Message 5 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I think we are talking at cross purposes @Anonymous Apologies. (It was the mention of Rewards which can be available through Priority) :smileywink:.

The Use Now is time limited. Only available on certain days. So when you hit that button you have to use within the time frame given otherwise the system could be open to abuse. Best thing if you are in a queue is to hit the use now when you get to the till etc...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Cleariff, Thanks. But I'm still not sure why O2 need to do this. The vouchers you get from Caffe Nero in their own app are not time limited as such (they have a life of 6 months) . They just expire once you use them. Are you saying the O2 QR code voucher is not unique / for one off use? Without the time limit you could use it more than once?
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Makes no sense to me but that's the way they've chosen to set it up.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 11

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's also a weekly reward so I'd too were allowed to save it for months there could be all sorts of abuse. Save 4 for a month and then the whole family goes. That's not what it's designed for and the cafe wouldn't allow it either. 

Message 9 of 11

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,

Thanks for participating and sharing your thoughts with us! We do appreciate your opinion and understand your concerns about the time limit. 

@Cleoriff wrote:

As @MI5@jonsie and @Cleoriff have explained, that is how the system works to prevent abuse. But, we will certainly pass on your feedback to O2 thumbsup

Thanks everyone for the help heart 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 10 of 11