Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling on Samsung A22 5G

Quickpacker
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received my upgrade phone today and have it up and running. The data transfer was really easy, but when I tried to set up WiFi Calling, I found out that his new phone does not support 4G Calling or WiFi calling. I find this baffling as it’s a new phone, and I really expected it to be compatible with this technology. Any ideas? Or am I stuck with a new phone that doesn’t do what I want it to do, especially in an area with poor O2 mobile signal?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Quickpacker 

Two choices.

1 - Return it and exchange for one that is supported.

2 - Wait until the A22 is supported. I can't imagine it will be long before it is as all the latest Samsung's are added fairly quickly.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Quickpacker 

Two choices.

1 - Return it and exchange for one that is supported.

2 - Wait until the A22 is supported. I can't imagine it will be long before it is as all the latest Samsung's are added fairly quickly.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Quickpacker
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have got the phone all set up now so will wait a while. Annoying though!

Message 3 of 6

Quickpacker
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Funnily enough, I had put the new sim into the new phone thinking that it was set up to go on my new tariff and upgraded phone and it wouldn’t register on the network, so after faffing about I put my old sim in the new phone and lo and behold it is now working! Even has WiFi calling and 4G calling, but no-one told me from O2 that I needed to keep my old sim!! 😡 So unless I have done something wrong using the old sim, all is up and running 100% (I think)

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Quickpacker 

Using your old sim is fine but you won't get 5g if and when you are in a 5g area.

To activate the new sim, you ned to do a sim swap from the old one first Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

Antisocial25
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Had same trouble with my a22 5g, wifi calling option didn't show up in call settings. Solved it by getting my network provider to resend my wifi calling settings.

Message 6 of 6