Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's happening to 02 services!?

Lorna79
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Over the past few months I have noticed my 02 4G is practically non existent and I am unable to access the Internet unless I am at home connected to WiFi. Quality of phone calls is disgraceful, my calls either cut off continually so the recipient can't hear what I'm saying and gets part of a sentence, they hear awful noises on their end of the phone or my call ends completely and I need to call the person back. This is extremely frustrating and puts me off calling anyone.
I have been with 02 for over 10 years and sadly I am now considering changing network provider as I am not getting the service I am paying 02 for anymore.
I know 02 have now merged with Virginia media, Is it a coincidence that all these signal issues are worse after joining with Virgin??
I live in the PA5 9LQ postcode area of Scotland, the signal checker always says the network is busy, so am I destined to never be able to access the Internet on my phone, unless I am at home, or make it through a phone call, without it dropping out, ever again??
Please sort out your network issues 02 or you are going to loose a lot of your customers to other networks!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Lorna79 

It's nothing to do with the Virgin merger as no changes have been made. 

It sounds like your local mast is maxed out on capacity so unless there is a network upgrade planned (and we would never know that unfortunately), the best thing you can do is try other network's PAYG sims to see if anyone else gives a better signal.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Lorna79
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What do you mean by try other network PAYG sims? Are you saying I should leave 02 and try PAYG with another network? Or am I able to access other networks masts whilst still under my 02 contract?
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I mean leave O2 if you find another network works better in your area.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Lorna79
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well unfortunately my contract with 02 isn't up until October 2022 so I'm kinda stuck paying 02 for this very poor service until then!
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hopefully it will be fixed before then.....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6