Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tether to another iphone

Mitch5229
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We are going to Abu Dhabi and we need to download certain apps to show information on our vaccination status etc.  I have an iphone that includes the Travel bolt ons, if I was to tether to another iphone whilst over there (with no sim) just to be able to update the apps etc would this work abroad, and also is there any additional charge with my Travel package i.e. £4.99 a day.  It is just to download everything on it for my husband as I think we need to show things seperately.  

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Mitch5229 

If you have O2 Travel you'll just be charged the £4.99 a day for unlimited data, however, data speeds are restricted to 0.5mbps so are very slow and tethering may not work.

If you can find a wifi hotspot that your husband could connect to it would be a lot easier.

http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Mitch5229 

If you have O2 Travel you'll just be charged the £4.99 a day for unlimited data, however, data speeds are restricted to 0.5mbps so are very slow and tethering may not work.

If you can find a wifi hotspot that your husband could connect to it would be a lot easier.

http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2