Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia 10 lll - dual sim?

RiverGirrl
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have my new Sony Xperia 10 lll. I've transferred most of my data over and almost completed personalizing it. I'm still using my old phone until the new one is "perfect". 

I've inserted the new SIM card sent with the phone. 

My question is: do I need to insert my current phone's SIM into the new phone to make it "live"? Does the Xperia 10 lll only work with two SIM cards?

Or do I need to do the SIM swap to make the new phone work?

It's been more than 6 years since I had a new phone so a bit behind the times.....

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@RiverGirrl 

The old sim will be deactivated as soon as you do the swap. That shouldn't be a problem though as very little is stored on the sim. Just make sure you store your contacts to the phone. Remember as well, if it's the same size your new sim will work on your old phone.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@RiverGirrl 

You can use your old sim if it fits. However if you want 5G then you need to pop the new sim into the new phone and do a sim swap from your old sim Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

You don't need to use both sim slots. I have a dual sim Note 10 and it only has one sim in it.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

RiverGirrl
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you!

Next question: If I use the new SIM (5G) and do the swap, will the the old SIM in my old phone work if I need to retrieve anything (for whatever reason)? Or will the swap deactivate the old SIM?

Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@RiverGirrl 

The old sim will be deactivated as soon as you do the swap. That shouldn't be a problem though as very little is stored on the sim. Just make sure you store your contacts to the phone. Remember as well, if it's the same size your new sim will work on your old phone.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4