Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 ruining credit file after cancelled contract

Franceseleanor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am a PAYG customer and took out a contract for monthly last year, and for personal reasons I changed my mind later that day so cancelled it (and was assured this was done). Then the next day, the new phone and sim turned up (after apparently being cancelled) so I ended up having to pay myself to send it back and then thought this was finally resolved... However looking at my credit file o2 have issued a default saying I owe £21 when I do not owe them anything! Nothing is on my account when I log in to say I need to pay this either, as the contract doesn't exist. Someone please help me rectify this situation as I've tried to raise a disbute via a credit expert site however apparently this needs to be done by O2. Does anyone else know how to change this? Completely unacceptable, especially at a time like this.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Franceseleanor 

You need to email 

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Franceseleanor 

You need to email 

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Franceseleanor 

You need to take this up with the credit referrals team.

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com (email)

Credit File Referrals Team

Suite P

Arlington Business Centre

Leeds

LS11 0NE

Fax 0113 2025865

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

Franceseleanor
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh and also just to add I cannot ask this via the chat option as I cannot pass the security part as o2 won't remind me of my secret question therefore I can't tell them a secret answer, and they ask for the details of the sim that got sent back to them as the other security question, so yeah I'm pretty helpless 🙃
Message 4 of 7

Franceseleanor
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Brilliant, thank you!
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Silver-Lake
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi Frances. There's also something else you can do, while 02 resolve it. You can have a 'Notice of Correction' added to your credit file, but to do this, you'll need to sign up for a 30 day free trial with Experian. This will allow you to access your credit file, and add the 'Notice of Correction' to your file. This will be seen by lenders when they next do a credit check on you, and will explain why the default notice is there. This will only help you if 02 continue to delay resolving it, and it will also mean that new credit checks will have to be processed manually, instead of just failing automatically. It isn't an ideal solution, but it's better than just leaving the default on your credit file, and hoping that 02 resolve it for you.

Message 7 of 7