cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get O2 to send me a SIM for my Samsung Galaxy Core Prime? I don't think it takes a Nano SIM

andi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just changed my tariff after being with O2 since, well, 2012 at least.  Not able to get anything from your automated services and this lack of human contact is infuriating.  I can't even speak to someone to make a complaint about your complete lack of human contact!  Your website insists on sending me a Nano SIM but as I have a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime I think this may be incompatible - is there anyway of ordering a different SIM size? Please don't say ring up customer services as I have already been on their line for hours stuck in an AI driven digital hell.  

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@andi 

Yes, the new sim will be a triple and you'll just need to do a sim swap to activate it Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

If you are struggling with the website and don't want to call then your best bet is to pop to your local o2 store (with photo id) and they will help.

Failing that I will tag the online o2 gurus (who are back on Monday) and they will contact you through the community.

@O2Lisa @O2Ellie  can you help @andi ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 11

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Ordering a SIM for PAYG can be done online - link shown below.

But if you are on contract, a visit to an O2 shop might be your best bet, @andi, as @gmarkj notes above.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go

Message 4 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@andi As per the post above from @jonsie, the phone you have takes a micro sim. 

sim card.jpg

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 11

andi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HI all - thanks so much for your responses! xx I have been using the same handset since 2008, an old Nokia which took the largest size SIM and try as I might I have been able to stuff it into my new Samsung Core thing.  Do you think I should wait to see what comes from O2 - in order words, will the new SIM be this "Russian Doll" type SIM arrangement which provides all sizes of SIM?  andi

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@andi 

Yes, the new sim will be a triple and you'll just need to do a sim swap to activate it Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 8 of 11

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @gmarkj 😊

I'll message you privately @andi and get it sorted for you. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 11