Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data when out

Lennie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been experiencing loss of data when I am out and about, which is extremely frustrating to say the least, my phone will show 4g and bars of signal but if you attempt to use an app or look up information on the internet it either loads extremely slowly, or just times out because of the the server. 
Has been much worse since the merge with EE… coincident? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Lennie 

O2 and EE haven't merged?

Check for network issues here O2 Service Status

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Lennie
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

They sent out text messages a while back saying they had/were 

Nothing shows on the network checker, as I said it has been rubbish to say the least for a couple of weeks now, made substantially worse when sky broadband went down today and I couldn’t even check to see if it was just me or everyone - was everyone but I only knew because my friend told me! 
im getting a bit fed up with not being able to confidently use it when I’m out, but of course I still have to pay for it! 

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

Sounds like it's not properly fixed @Lennie 

Use the My Network app to report it https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Lennie
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Today’s excuse is the network is very busy… was the same the other day, throughout the whole county. 
It’s just so frustrating 

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

They do seem to be struggling in a lot of areas currently @Lennie 

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Lennie
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Indeed, but ignoring these situations isn’t going to work in the long term, as I said whenever it’s reported they claim the network is busy, which means overloaded! 
stop taking peoples money for a service they can’t guarantee and get it fixed, never mind overloading it even more by merging 

Message 7 of 7