Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

BethanyT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, I want to change my tariff and also my billing for my contract. 
previously my bill has come out of my parent’s bank account with me paying them but I would like it to come out of my own and also want to move to a higher contract. I thought I would cancel this contract and then start a new one with my bank account but I can’t see how to cancel my contract. 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@BethanyT 

How to cancel here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

However, if your My O2 states you are eligible to UPGRADE, that's far easier. You will still have to pay off what you own but won't have to go through credit checks and will keep your number.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@BethanyT 

How to cancel here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

However, if your My O2 states you are eligible to UPGRADE, that's far easier. You will still have to pay off what you own but won't have to go through credit checks and will keep your number.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

MI5
  • 144143 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@BethanyT 

If you want a contract in your name you will have to apply for one yourself and pass the credit checks.

If you are going to do this, do not cancel your current contract as you will lose your number.

Just wait until you are approved then call O2 to migrate your number Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3