Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin and o2 both taking money

Elad
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was moved from virgin to o2 on the 10th June, i have been billed by o2 on the 11th. How can i be charged a whole months fee for one day?. Virgin also took money from my account, the day before o2 did. Can anyone explain why I've been charged twice for the same month?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Elad 

O2 bill you a month in advance and you will only pay O2 for the airtime.

If you have a device plan, this will still be paid to Virgin.

Virgin Mobile to O2 | Help & Support | O2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10268 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@Elad 

I would call Virgin and ask what is going on, as that doesn't sound right, as they know when people are been migrated (or supposed too)..  Are you sure o2 have taken the money, or is it just the bill? 

I would either call 0345 454 1111 or go to their community https://community.virginmedia.com 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Elad 

As I said, O2 bill you a month in advance, but the bill isn't due until 2 weeks after.

Depending on when your Virgin bill date was, it may change slightly.

Will my bill date and payment date change?

Your bill and payment dates won't change unless you're usually billed on the 29th, 30th or 31st of the month, in which case your bill date will move slightly to the 1st of the month and your payment date will move to either on or after the 15th of the month. If this applies to you, we'll be in touch to let you know of the change. The Direct Debit on your bank statement for your monthly Airtime Plan will also change from 'Virgin Mobile' to 'O2'.

This is only for the airtime part of your mobile plan. Any handset loan agreement payments will stay on the same day, as they'll still be provided by Virgin Media Mobile Finance Ltd. Your Direct Debit for handset loan repayments won't change either, and will still show up as 'Virgin Media' on your bank statement.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4