Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile/Media Direct Debit not transferred to O2

JonWarner
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was told and double checked the FAQs that my Virgin Media/Mobile Direct Debit would be transferred to O2 but the Direct Debit didn't happen.  Am I the only one?

Just paid by card having been notified my payment was late and to avoid being charged an extra £6 late payment charge if still outstanding after 4 days.

Is this an oversight and will it be rectified for next month please?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36020 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Contact O2 on 202 to check your Direct Debit has been set up correctly, @JonWarner - sometimes, they fail on the transfer. Good luck!

Message 2 of 5

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@JonWarner 

In addition to pursuing the helpful suggestion of @pgn, checking your online banking app might be another useful step. Mine lists all of my DDs with other useful information about them.  

Message 3 of 5

Scage
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Exactly the same thing happened to me.

Worse still is that not only did I not receive a bill from O2 for the period I allegedly didn’t pay, O2 didn’t attempt to take the money by the direct debit and VM took my usual monthly payment in full. The letter arrived last week while I was away and by the time I opened it last night O2 have charged me a late payment fee of £6 and disconnected me until it was paid. The letter was dated 18 September, so it seemed this happened before the 5 days. Spent an hour on the phone to O2 last night getting no where (they said I needed to go to a branch to fully set up my account and until then they couldn’t speak to me in detail as they didn’t have a security question on file). I settled the bill at the first opportunity which was last night.

I’m raising the VM issue (them taking full payment) with VM but O2 have left me out of pocket through no fault of my own from something that occurred in the transfer. Who is responsible for taking the payment from me by direct debit? How can I be guilty of a late payment when you haven’t taken it?

Not a great start to be honest.

Message 4 of 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36020 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

A case of (different) computer (systems) says "No!", I think, @Scage.

If you contact O2 on 202  or 0344 809 0202 or the specific Payment management number - 0800 902 0217, you may find they make good the difference via a credit to your bill, which will be used to pay your *next* bill. The opening times are: Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm; Saturday – 8am to 6pm; Sunday – 9am to 6pm.

You may wish to peruse this link as well: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Good luck!

Message 5 of 5