Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble receiving calls and texts since Virgin switched to O2

LdmH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had a Virgin Mobile account for many years. Now that it has been switched to O2, I am having a huge amount of difficulty sending and receiving texts. Sometimes the person I'm texting never receives the text. Sometimes when someone sends me a text, I receive it hours or even days after it was sent to me.

Also, I often get a call alert from O2  saying, "You missed a call from me at (time and date ) This is a free Call Alert from O2. To disable this dial 901, press *, then option 5and option 5.

I do not want to disable these alerts because I want to know if I've missed a call. However, I have no idea why this happens so frequently OR how to get help in reporting and fixing whatever is causing the problem.

I previously tried to contact O2 about this and was instructed to reply by texting the word, ACTIVE. When I did this, however, I received the reply, "Sorry we?re busy right now. Please try again later. You haven't been charged for this message.”

I have repeated the process but keep getting the message to try again later. 

I am tired of trying to get in touch with O2 and I am considering changing to a new mobile provider. Any help would be appreciated!

LH

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 2