Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible/Confusing Intro to 02

Montgomery1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've recently come over from Virgin mobile after about 10 years with them.  I was due an upgrade on 2 of the mobiles on my account, but wanted new numbers so though I'd start 2 new contracts last week.

Order placed on Friday, all the usual confirmation emails but nothing regarding the delivery of the handset came in over the weekend - so phoned this morning, after a long drawn out phone call, to be told the phones would be out for delivery today and would be with me by the end of the day. 

Got home from work - no phones, so phoned again to ask where they were and after a lot of time on hold - he couldn't really give me an answer but said it could be because I'd failed the credit check.  (Please note : I have excellent overall credit and where mobiles are concerned have never missed any payments or had trouble getting new handsets with Virgin).

At this point, I just said I'd like a refund for the upfront payments and accessories I'd paid for - to be told he would send me through an email with a form that I would need to fill out and the phones would then be delivered?!  I asked what the form was....couldn't give me a straight answer, but then went on to say if I refused the form when it came through I would be refunded?  I left the call.....guess what?  No email.

Any help appreciated, I can't keep phoning and being given the run around - I'd either like the phones or refund so I can go elsewhere.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144445 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Montgomery1 

I'll ask @O2Emma to check what's going on for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10198 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Montgomery1 

Your credit score means bod all, I am sorry to say, and your payment with Virgin means nothing to o2, as you are a new customer to o2, so you start from zero.

If you have failed the credit check then you wont be getting any phones, and o2 wont have the money as it will be showing as pending on your bank account, so you need to wait upto 14 days (depending on YOUR bank)

You can always speak to the sales team on 0800 081 0255

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 144445 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Montgomery1 

I'll ask @O2Emma to check what's going on for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 9

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @MI5 I will look into this thanks.

Hi @Montgomery1 I will send you a private message to discuss further.

signature
Message 4 of 9

Montgomery1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Emma kindly sorted this out for me - not sure what the actual problem was but order has been processed just awaiting dispatch email

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144445 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

So no need for panic or false speculation after all @Montgomery1 

Glad your credit score holds up and that you're sorted.

Welcome to the forum.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Montgomery1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No panic or false speculation - all of the above still stands and happened.

The phone customer service is terrible, to be told the delivery was on it's way and would be with me today was an outright lie.   Then later on to be told, nothing had been dispatched but I may or may not have failed a credit check - fill out a form (but can't tell me what the form is) and then not bother sending it through isn't good at all.

When I come to getting rid of some old numbers I hope I can do it via here, god help me if I have to phone again!

Thanks for the welcome

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144445 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Montgomery1 

Agreed, I was referring to the woeful support from O2, not your good self.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Montgomery1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No problem, my bad!

Message 9 of 9